Alternate Kiyone/Kova portraits

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Björk was the face model here. I haven't played this yet, so I hope I got her right? ^__^;

Posted Image

Edited by Enkida, 02 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

That is Pretty damn AWESOME! :)
Yes, you caught that look on her face very accurately here. The pic is PERFECT :)
If you can make a matching Kova Pic (and get his facial expression close) that would be even more Awesome :) but seriously, this is darned good.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Well, I was doing a test run with Zac Efron as the face model. But if you got a better suggestion I am all ears. :-) Sandra Bullock is the closest lookalike I can come to Laguna Loire, but I figured you guys wouldn't appreciate having a woman's face - altered or not - for a male character, LOL. Obviously this is not done yet but if you think it could fly I will finish it. Otherwise, back to da drawin' board

Posted Image

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Gods, everything, but not Zac Efron... Better try Ren Quan:
Posted Image

#5 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hmm, that face wouldn't work. Even if the jawline matches (which it doesn't) the expression is off (dreamy and all)
Think somewhat brooding man with slightly soft eyes might be better.
Edit : just clarify, above lines refer to the Zac Effron pic... I was typing this before I got the Ren Quan post...

BTW, isn't "Björk" a guy? I wouldn't mind the source so long as the face looks obviously male, and the expression matches.

Posted Image

This pic isn't too bad with a jawline and as a serious, but not too "posed" expression, and the eyes are very deliciously ambiguous, speaking either of
- carefully expressionless
- ready to stab you if there's reason for it
- hopeful
- trust no one
- wait and see

But yeah, lol. Google Brooding Guy and swap to Images, might help. Although those hard, looking, intense, straight-faced might be a bit overdone. Basically, if it comes out and says something like "hey, tough guy, want to fight?" then its not for the Character. Kova is quite willing to weasel out of an open confrontation or a headlong fight... though that does not write off a possibility of firm decisive action (read, Backstab while having protective/concealing spells on, and contingency-based damage spells readied to finish off) at a place and time of his choosing.

The Ren Quan pic is nice too, but would it mesh well with the serious Kiyone pic?

Edited by Zyraen, 01 February 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#6 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

OMG, Björk is not a guy! Björn would be a male form.

Posted Image

I will try one of those other guys for Kova ;-)

#7 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Björk was the face model here. I haven't played this yet, so I hope I got her right? ^__^;

Posted Image

That is a fantastic portrait. Still, I'm not crazy about the green hair, but I know the original had it as well.

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Just wanted to echo Quester and Zyraen: This is such a fantastic portrait.

#9 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Thanks guys, praise is a great motivator to keep going. :new_thumbs:

Anyway, I took a different Ren Quan picture because I wanted to keep him in at least a somewhat similar to the rest of BG portrait pose, that is, head and shoulders forward. It is really hard to find a picture of him not smiling! :ermm: I am trying to keep the "Laguna Loireish" hair on him because I am a HUGE LAGUNA FAN.
Posted Image

*ahem* ANYWAY. This is what I cooked up so far, which I think I will finish. Before I do, the last questions - blue eyes? Black hair? Half elf? Is there anything else important I am missing? :-)

Posted Image

cheers :cheers:

#10 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Awesome work on the Kiyone portrait, Endika. Especially because that was one of my requests...
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#11 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Very nice Kiyone portrait ! I like the start of Kova, can't wait to see it done :D
Zyraen probably the best to ask for details on the portrait, it's his npc ^^
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#12 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thanks. Well, it's a slow night for once, so might as well put up WIPs for now. :-)

Posted Image

#13 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

And here we are, finished, I hope. Enjoy, and thank you for using Laguna as an inspiration. :-)

Posted Image

#14 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Nice :cheers:

#15 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thank you for the pic :) BTW, Kova's face is exactly a splice between Laguna and Squall. If I recall right, Squall's face was the lower half of Kova's face.
Plasmocat's awesome splice btw :) none my credit.

Ren Quan does resemble Laguna more than I expected...

BTW, any chance you might try toying around with the pic I posted? The expression and jawline are so good.
If you have energy and feel like it, that is...
Its more for the Hair and stuff, don't bother about remodelling the shirt (unless you want to) recoloring it is fine.

#16 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hehe, good thing I didn't realize the Squall bit or I might have used Gackt as a face model! XD

It would be a while before I do another portrait edit for Kova if I get around to it at all, as this is part of an ongoing NPC portrait conversion project and I have about 10 more pictures to do, give or take before I can update my mod. Not counting requests I have turned down. :-( We are having a bit of a portrait artist Renaissance at the moment, though, so ask around. Lava, Sanctifier or MiLeah might want to take a stab at it, to bame a few. :-)

#17 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

And here we are, finished, I hope. Enjoy, and thank you for using Laguna as an inspiration. :-)
Posted Image

He looks great but for one thing (I'm gonna try and explain that in English but...)

His shoulder, on the left side of the protrait, is way "too high"
He looks like his shoulder his glued to his cheek, if you know what I mean.
Makes him look like he's in pain or uncomfortable or something
On the WIP pic you posted above, his shoulder wasn't so high, and it looked good.

(Am I clear ? I'm not sure...)

Edited by Sanctifer, 03 February 2012 - 04:25 AM.

« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#18 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Hmm, I didn't change anything but the colour, so it might have to do with how how his tuft of side hair is blending with the jacket. It does actually follow the line of his shoulder in the original photo, but he was in a sort of shrugging pose. ;-) It wouldn't be an easy fix at this point so I will see if I can come back to it in a couple of days!

#19 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

I might have used Gackt as a face model!

I was thinking about Gackt, since I like some of his songs (yes, I have nothing against jrock), but I think that he's a bit too famous.
Yet I think it's a really nice portrait!

Zyraen, you were looking for some original portraits for Valasse, no? :P

#20 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

not anymore, no. Real Life doesn't really give me much time to work on modding.. nor have I much energy for it at the moment.