crash win7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OhCrapItsJeremy

OhCrapItsJeremy
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys-

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in because I'm not sure which mod is causing my problems. I have an open thread over at the gog.com forums, but I haven't really found a successful fix to my problem.
  • I'm running Win7 64bit (bootcamped iMac i7 if that matters).
  • I've downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers for my ATI card.
  • I've installed the game 3 times (once in the default Program Files x86 and twice in C:). First two installs of the widescreen mod I did at 1920X1080 and on my last install I did my monitor max which is 2560x1440 with fonts at 120x
  • I used Thunderpeel's guide to install all the Planescape Torment Mods (http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html).
  • On my third go I declined to install the F5 to Quicksave F10 to Quickload Tweak because I thought that was contributing to the crashing.
  • Currently I'm running the game in Windows XP SP3 mode with visual themes disabled.
  • I've tried the .ini fix and turning off translucent shadows seemed to have worked for awhile but no longer.
  • I've also tried the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit and it doesn't seem to have worked.
After this third install everything was going great all throughout the Mortuary intro and in the Hive. I ended up going to Ragpicker's Square and the Lady of Pain transported me to her green labyrinth - all good. When I got back to Ragpicker's Square the crashing started up again. Once coming out of Old Mebbeth's house and several times while changing screens while I was going back to The Hive. Now I'm encountering a repeatable crash in the Warehouse when I'm trying to return the Mysterious Box to Ku'atraa in the Warehouse on the far left of The Hive. I return the box, he gets freaked out and tells me to give it to another NPC and then he runs off screen. As soon as he gets to the doorway of the Warehouse the game crashes. Every. Single. Time. If I'm extremely quick and I can box him in and start the dialog between us he won't be able to escape and I'm able to leave the room.

Ideas I've had are:
Playing in a lower resolution.
Removing mods all together (perish the thought).
So far I haven't found any solution to my crashing problems.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks!

-jeremy.

#2 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Could you send me a copy of your exe in PM or post it here? Either as attachment or upload it to mediafire/rapidshare. There is a potential fix for some crashing (at least the gallery one) that I'd like to see if maybe it helps you out.

Also, I'll need the resolution you're currently using in game.

Edited by scient, 05 February 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, win7