Photo

3 wisps and a wisp mother

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

During my travel to the Riverwood town (between 1st and 2nd quest) I encountered 3 wisps and a wisp mother. My character is 1st level and the game difficulty i saw was set to adept since i installed Skyrim. Is it normal to have such an encounter at this early stage? I have difficulty overcoming them. I am forced to climb the mountain in order to pass them by.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#2 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Well bethesda said that there would be some places that would be too difficult to for a low level character.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, it's not entirely dynamic, as it shouldn't be anyway. Think Fallout 3, you didn't want to run into a Deathclaw at level 1, but you certainly could.

#4 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'm gonna third my fellows, and add that they wanted to have a hybrid of the level scaling in the Oblivion and the fixed critters in Morrowind. I haven't played much Fallout 3, so my example will be a level 1 character wandering on the slopes of the Red Mountain and running into a Corprus Stalker. Yeah, you're pretty toast at that point. ;)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif