11 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Q: Where do I pick him up?
A: Pick him up near the Fighting Pits in the back of the Copper Coronet before starting the Slaver line of quests.

Q: Much much does he talk throughout the game?
A: Arath has many different talks throughout the game, which more than doubles if you decide to romance him, for a total of over 40 talks.

Q: Does he have a quest?
A: Arath's quest will begin soon after you exit the Underdark in Chapter 6.

Q: Is a soundset on the way?
A: Voicing was not a priority in getting the mod released, however, once the right voice actor is found he will most definitely be voiced in a future version!

Q: How rude can I be to him?
A: Feel free to bully him. But a word of warning: he gives as good as he gets!

Q: Does he have any major arguments with other NPCs?
A: Arath does not get along with a variety of NPCs, but will not come to blows with any of them.

Q: Have you got any plans to expand the mod or add new dialogues?
A: Absolutely! After ToB has been written, there are plans to add both voicing and player initiated dialogue.

Q: Speaking of which, where are they?!
A: Due to time constraints, PID had to be cut from the initial release. It will definitely make it into a future release!

Q: I've got an idea for something I think you should add!
A: Great! Send your idea to me and I'd be happy to see what I can do.

Q: I'd like to translate Arath into another language, can you TRAify the mod?
A: I generally leave the first few releases of a mod un-TRAified because dialogue errors are easier to spot that way, but if you really want to translate the mod I'd be happy to TRAify it. Just let me know.

Q: Crossmod?
A: Crossmod will definitely be added in future versions.

Q: Can I write crossmod with Arath?
A: Sure, like all of my NPCs Arath is free for anyone to write crossmod with--you don't need my permission to do so or anything ridiculous like that. If you'd like me to check over your banter(s), I'd be happy to.

#2 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

If I'm posting in the wrong topic, please kill me and bury my remains in Candlekeep.

My question is: is there a magic button I can push if Arath's strings are all mixed up? Or is there a possibility of such a thing in the next version? I had to reinstall the game (again!) and his name etc. is just a bunch of random dialogue.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Unfortunately not -- I would really recommend against using saves from old game installs, changed mod installation order (which is why this happens) can cause all sorts of problems.

#4 -Poodle-

-Poodle-

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Where would you recommend Arath be placed in a custom BiG World Installation?

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Wherever you install the bulk of your NPCs :)

#6 -Minchan-

-Minchan-

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ah -- where is the romance supposed to start? I've had the talks about being Bhaalspawn, and he's accepted it, but is there anything that's supposed to trigger the romance/ how long should it take for lovetalks to start?

I keep speeding through the game, and can't access CLUA, so . . . ^-^;; It'd be good to know. Also, are there any stats that I should check?

Sorry for all the questions!

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

It should start approximately an hour after the Bhaalspawn talk cycle finishes (four talks). Romance requirements are CHR 14+, no short races and no half-orcs. :)

#8 -Swirley-

-Swirley-

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

Right, I might be a little out of line here, but ive got to ask.  When is there a possibility to see PID with Arath? or has he been discontinued? Ive really looked forward to it, but as of yet have not found any news about it. I ask here because I simply dont know where else to ask. 

#9 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

Hey there, why exactly did you not decide to create some banter between all of your custom npcs?

Since I was really hoping to see some banter between Ninde and Arath.

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

Hey there, why exactly did you not decide to create some banter between all of your custom npcs?

Did you check

http://www.gibberlings3.net/crossmod/

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#11 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

Did you check

Yupp. Nothing there.

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Did you check

Yupp. Nothing there.

Then there probably will be none as none of the mods is continued (except maybe for EE games)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*