#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted by: Enkida

Date posted: 16 Feb 2012

Looking for: beta testers with various BG megamod installs

Details: I would like to test the new installer for version 2 of my portrait mod against as wide a variety of installs / operating systems as possible, and my own limited time and podunky old WinXP computer is probably not going to cut it. Ideally I would like to test against at the least a BGT install without BWP, a BGT install with BWP, and a BG2 only install with BWP. If there is anyone doing a BP install - not just Ascension - that would be helpful too. You need no coding experience, you only need to have eyes in your head and a love for playing Baldur's Gate with a full party of NPCs, whether mod or BioWare.

Someone with a BGT install including the mod BG1 NPCs, and willing to play through the Bg1 portion of the game with a party specifically including Xan and Imoen together would also be greatly appreciated.

The new code is fairly complicated, courtesy of Turambar, but thanks to that new code the mod does not require a fresh install; if you've already generalized your biffing you can still beta test. I would recommend a new game but am interested to hear the results of loading save games as well.

Got time? Got sight? Want to help, and don't like the picture of [insert NPC here] that you're currently using? Let me know. :-). Ideally I want to release by the end of February but I can test for longer than that if necessary.

Edited by Enkida, 16 February 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#2 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Posted by: Enkida

Date posted: 16 Feb 2012

Looking for: beta testers with various BG megamod installs

Details: I would like to test the new installer for version 2 of my portrait mod against as wide a variety of installs / operating systems as possible, and my own limited time and podunky old WinXP computer is probably not going to cut it. Ideally I would like to test against at the least a BGT install without BWP, a BGT install with BWP, and a BG2 only install with BWP. If there is anyone doing a BP install - not just Ascension - that would be helpful too. You need no coding experience, you only need to have eyes in your head and a love for playing Baldur's Gate with a full party of NPCs, whether mod or BioWare.

Someone with a BGT install including the mod BG1 NPCs, and willing to play through the Bg1 portion of the game with a party specifically including Xan and Imoen together would also be greatly appreciated.

The new code is fairly complicated, courtesy of Turambar, but thanks to that new code the mod does not require a fresh install; if you've already generalized your biffing you can still beta test. I would recommend a new game but am interested to hear the results of loading save games as well.

Got time? Got sight? Want to help, and don't like the picture of [insert NPC here] that you're currently using? Let me know. :-). Ideally I want to release by the end of February but I can test for longer than that if necessary.

I can do at least some testing - I have a semi-mega mod installation, including BG1NPC project. For the curious, my WeiDU log is attached. I can test the Xan/Imoen banter - I can just simply CLUA both into the party and force the specific banter. Please PM me with a link to your updated portrait pack, and I can test.

Attached Files

Edited by William Imm, 16 February 2012 - 11:15 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thanks, I will send you something to test in a day or two, doing a few last minute picture edits for now. And, uh, I forgot to put Gavin in. Again. *foreheadsmack* Can I ask you to specially keep an eye out for the minor NPCs in your CoI mods, as well as
- Xan
- Tashia
- Kivan and his minor NPC friends
- Fade
- Sarah
- Hubelpot
- Angelo
- Gavin

and of course all the vanilla BG2 guys. :-)

#4 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks, I will send you something to test in a day or two, doing a few last minute picture edits for now. And, uh, I forgot to put Gavin in. Again. *foreheadsmack* Can I ask you to specially keep an eye out for the minor NPCs in your CoI mods, as well as
- Xan
- Tashia
- Kivan and his minor NPC friends
- Fade
- Sarah
- Hubelpot
- Angelo
- Gavin

and of course all the vanilla BG2 guys. :-)

First thing I'll do - probally spawn Rhilato and see if his colors look right. Then the Xan-Imoen BG1 banter. Then try recruiting BG1 Gavin and see if he gets MiLeah's portrait. Also, what do Col mods mean?

Edited by William Imm, 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.