Photo

Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#21 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

Two hours to go... oh man, am I excited!

#22 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

it hurts!!
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#23 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Asc64 is going to hate this a lot.

one of my first thoughts xD (i only heard about it half an hour ago...)
the fact (not that i've been digging through the forums comprehensively or anything) that the Old Hands have the least (i.e. NOTHING) to say about this is the only thing that can fuel my speculation that it's more than just a HD rerelease... i mean, who would have to keep whom quiet if it were a Big New Thing? would it be difficult to keep mod site runners out of the loop? presumably not...
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#24 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

12 minutes :)

#25 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

And the site goes down! Too many fans ;)

#26 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

It's the HD version, but Atari's actually publishing it. Let's hope if the fan response is big enough for EE, they'll start thinking about BG3.

http://www.dualshock...tion-announced/

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#27 Miraz

Miraz
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Trent Oster's Twitter feed:

"Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members"

Cue excitement.

#28 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Is this a joke? The countdown finished, but nothing changed...

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#29 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

And the site goes down! Too many fans ;)

Twelve years later, enough people are interested in Baldur's Gate to break the internet. Cool.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#30 Miraz

Miraz
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Is this a joke? The countdown finished, but nothing changed...

The website got shut down because the site assumed it was under a DDOS attack. In reality, people were just hammering it with excitement about there being a new BG game. This is 100% real.

Something very relevent to SHS on Trent Oster's Twitter, by the way:

"@SeriousSamurai We take mods seriously. (I led NWN after all) mods both current and future are important. More announcements to come"

#31 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I approve of this.

(SQUEE!!!!)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#32 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Crap, I hope they wouldn't kill modding scene in the wake of this thing :o

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#33 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Goddamn it. Couldn't the series rest in peace bar the modders?

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#34 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Crap, I hope they wouldn't kill modding scene in the wake of this thing :o

My thoughts exactly

#35 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Well, it actully does work now. In fact, linky to announcement, of, yes, a remake of the first game:

http://www.baldursga...hanced-edition/

I'm wondering if some of the modders here will be contributing.

(also, wondering if Gavin will be introduced as a new NPC in the remake.. we'll see)
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#36 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm not sure what's going to happen now. There is high pissiblity that famous and loved content will be simply incompatible. Like BG1 NPC Project, mods for old BG1 engine - like Mysteries of the Sword Coast. What's mroe, there is some info that this will include new content. If it means more development of the NPC, that means death for Keldorn Romance, Yoshimo Romance, Edwin Romance etc.
And if EE won't include these... then why the f*** they are making new BG...?

#37 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I trust they aren't stupid enough to make themselves incompatible with modding. Nobody will bother with it then.

Retired from modding.

#38 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Guys, the sky is not falling. They said they were reviving the Infinity Engine, they did not say that they were inventing a new one. This means that existing IE mods might need to be tweaked/rescripted/otherwise adapted, but this does not mean that all is lost. Who knows? Maybe the enhancements will allow us to do cool new things that have previously been impossible to do.

And hey! New content need not invalidate existing content, vanilla or mod. It's just new.

All I know is that I'm eager to see how this develops.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#39 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, but I just don't believe that all my mods will be compatibile without rewriting the code and I may be simply unable to do this. This means that the "enhanced infinity" must be somehow researched first, too. This may take time. And yeah, some of you will say "your problem, Lava, if you don't want to redo your mods". Maybe yes. And what about those who wrote mods and then disappeared? What about Edwin Romance. Sillara's mods. Fade...
...I think I'm unable to see future of many mods in bright colours...

#40 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Not everyone likes every single BG mod that was ever made you know. They hopefully will take from the best and leave the others to the old games...Or just all new content will be fine for me...its not like Old BG1 and 2 is suddenly going to stop working now that they are making a remake of them...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85