Photo

Some times they leave you with no choice...

Quest: Blessings of Nature

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

My character is a High Elf. He has great respect for nature and all of its expressions. This is how i have him behave in the game. When i took on the quest to get sap to revive the whithering Gildergreen tree in Whiterun, a guy asked to accompany me as a pilgrim to the Eldergleam. Being a bit cautious and cheater, i checked his credentials... I found out he could help me not to wound the mother tree in order to get the sap i needed. All the better i thought...

Well, it would have been, if several bandits didn't attack us on the way. Someone might say i could kill them all and protect his life at the same time since i am 19th level, which is entirely true...

Well, it would have been true, if a blood dragon hadn't at the time decided to join the party and started blasting everyone indiscriminately! :doh:

Being the formidable warrior/mage that i am, i finaly managed to destroy both the bandits and drink the soul of the dragon :Tasty: :devil: , admittedly with a little help from the dragon himself, who sizzled a couple of bandits that didn't have enough healing potions to resist a feeble sizzling attempt like i did. <_< -_- .

However, Maurice Jondrelle, being a regular stupid -I-will-attack-on-my-own- NPC that he was :new_bottom: , died in the course of the battle :o . This meant that i had to cut the mother tree and a few Spriggans who objected violently to my action, creatures otherwise quite peacefull, that killed all the pilgrims in the sanctuary and tried to do the same to me - unsuccessfully of course -_- -_-.

How was i suppossed to fight several bandits, a DRAGON :crying: and at the same time protect the life of my stupid NPC companion who wouldn't follow orders??? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edited by quinlan, 26 February 2012 - 03:50 AM.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Reload...... just like I did... twice!! :lol:

-Y-

#3 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

Oh wow. I don't remember that part being that hard. Then again, by the time I did it, I was level 30+, and any dragon I came across was a cakewalk (seriously, I had to bump up the difficulty level to Expert).

Y's advice is sound, reload, and take it one step at a time. This is why you should always have multiple save slots. Good luck!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#4 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

I ran afoul of that on my first playthrough. Best thing is to find the Eldergleam Sanctuary first, return to Whiterun and then fast travel there with Maurice.

#5 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

This is a very sound tactic. Since i found out about this trick, i have used it many times. :doh:

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#6 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm ressurecting this old thread because I had the same problem last night! Despite being level 45, I ran into a dragon last night, with Maurice in tow! Playing as a Khajiit, I'd been sneaking more than halfway through the game, and was crouching, but what did Maurice do? He saw the dragon, and chaaaaaaaaaarged! *sigh* Thank goodness there weren't any bandits in the mix! Took a few reloads, but in the end, I had to take down the dragon before he spotted us in order to save his sorry hide.
Kinda made me wish I'd taken Cal's advice and discovered that silly grove beforehand!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif