Could someone help me? bgt post install.

bgt Trilogy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hello and thanks in advance.

First off all I'm sorry if i should't post it here or something like that, I'm not really a forum guys. Also enlish not my native, if its that horrible feel free to insult me then.

So well i have an ankward question.

Recently decided to play BGT with mods and all (First time with bgt). And i followed the BPW or what newer guide to how to install it. Actualy everything worked as far as i gone so far. I had no error even with the bgt install. Took a while to install it but not a single error, completed so everything is fine.

After install i wanted to take a look how is it looks like so i ran the game. To my suprise nothing changed. Old nice normal bg2 menu and game. I have a larger BG2 directory but thats all. I searched and i found no new bg directory thinking that it might be a seperate game or something. But nothing.

So i have a large bg2 directory and thats all. No errors in install, its copied lots of files from bg1 and all but i dont know whats going on.

I used bgt 1.14 with 1.13 exe file (since i have to provide it apparently). Other mods i have installed prior bgt:
-TobEx_Beta0022 (as i instructed)
- bg2fixpack-v9.exe (as instructed)
And one megamod: CtBv1.13a (Without the childhood part)

Whats going on?
Any advice/help/insult?

#2 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

You should have a Setup-GUI.exe (and a setup-bgtmusic.exe) in your BGII folder. Have you used that yet?

#3 -Kalderas-

-Kalderas-

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

God... It was that simple!? Thank you very much, now its working.
Thanks again

#4 -Simeon-

-Simeon-

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi Kalderas,

I had the same adventure as you. Unfortunately even after I installed the GUI I could not find a way to run it. Both BG and BGII exes open their default menus and BG hasn't changed at all.

How did you run it?

Simich

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi again,

It was my mistake. BGT was successfully installed, however I ran BG instead of BGII expecting to see the improvements there - the new menu and showed only when running the latter.

Now as I have successfully ran the game I can only say one thing: Incredible! Infinite number of thanks to the community for the amazing work!!

Regards,
Simich