Comments on Dragon Age news

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#201 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, well, that's what I had to do - and then it was all in vain, because five minutes later a guy posted a small file archive with a dll and two files which totally change the language to English. So I overpaid for nothing, it seems. :)

#202 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

I'm still playing the first huge area(heck, I spent three hours in the tutorial alone) - eight hours in, and I haven't discovered even one/third of it(crossroads, camps, landmarks, etc)

I'm romancing Solas, don't want to romance anyone else yet, and haven't met anyone else, anyway. Only Varric and Cassandra.

(There's One Huge Spoiler about Solas, and as soon as you find it out, you may want to immediately replay the game with him again and see all the dialogues, knowing what you know. So, um, I spoiled myself, and I'm happy I did. I can't recommend it to anyone else, though).

#203 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

I've put in about 20 hours so far and have only scratched the surface of the game (basically only done the hinterlands area...save for a few high lvl rifts and monsters there)  

I have to say that it's been quite a blast so far...I have a beastly computer so the frame rate is pretty good most of the time(though it can drop or gain frames quite a bit depending on where you are)

Still debating who to romance though...made a Human male warrior...so my options are pretty much Cassandra or Josephine (sucks that Sera isn't an option for a guy!)  

I highly recommend anyone to pick it up if you have a good enough computer(or a ps4 or xboxone of course)..as I've read quite a number of posts having issues with it (but I suspect those people have average or below average systems)

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#204 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

I still haven't launched it.  :(  I blame work.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#205 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:55 AM

I've just bought an nVidia GeForce GTX970 so I can (theoretically) run it flat out, but like you, I haven't launched it yet. Must finish Divinity: Original Sin first, otherwise I'll never finish it!

#206 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Alright - stupid question. I've been to the DragonAge Keep and it says 'no custom characters available'. Hmph. No information as how to get a custom character uploaded?

#207 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

I was only able to get a few of my custom chars I had made over the years...(my super old wardens...the first two I ever made...and same with my Hawke's) It didn't seem to carry over my more recent Warden's and Hawke's I have played with.  Might be because I am on another computer now or what not...Not really sure.  Do you have origins and da2 installed?  If not that might help (though I could be wrong of course).

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#208 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

Both games and DLC are still installed but not played for over a year. I did try a few minutes at DA2 but that had no effect.Did I ever say that I don't really like Origin? :P

[Edit] Ah.

Why are my heroes/accomplishments not showing up?
We're working hard to smooth out any remaining issues with the syncing feature. For more information, check out the 'how to' post.

[Edit edit] It also requires you to log in to Origin with the same account that you used to start DA:O and DA:2. :doh:

Edited by Yovaneth, 26 November 2014 - 03:34 AM.