[ME3 Multiplayer] Roleplayer's Meet & Greet

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

K'aeloree or someone may move this any place they like - I don't know if it even is a good idea, but I have been messing about with the ME3 multiplayer demo, and...

I am having way too much fun.

Don't get me wrong... I stink. I am never going to be a crackerjack FPS player. I got me a soldier, made him a tank, and had a blast. Literally - the firts match, I let off a concussive shot into the barrier I was holding down. (By the way, neominsc, whoever you are, you rock - sorry I dropped out but my computer rebooted in the lobby!!! and ScottPilgrim or ScottBishop {I think one of those} had me drop in unnannounced, and was exceedingly kind - I learned a ton, and was a boat anchor. Luckily I couldn't care less about mutch more than holding down a flank and hosing automatic weapon fire onto everything, pinning enemies down. Low kill count, but I can handle Bronze - I know to stop shooting and let the Vanguard/Krogan get the kill, as I don't care about the score, and they probably do).

So I was thinking - when the multiplayer part of ME3 goes live, where could I find like-minded "I want to have fun and explore this FPS side of things with folks who are ok with a grunty team player?". And then I thought to myself, "self, I bet there are some SHS folks who are roleplayers like me, and might be fun to FPS with".

To start it all off, I am cmorganbg (soldier) and cmorganbg_# for other characters; I assume I will be able to set the same up in the multiplayer game when it goes live. I enjoy playing, don't care if we lose every game, and am not likely to run off or use a rocket launcher directly into the first enemy we see. I run on CST, and only speak english, but I am happy to play with anyone, unless they are blasting rap music into their open mike (Ride of the Valkyries is OK, though. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.)

edit:

Origin Name: cmorganbg
Time Zone: CST
Platform: PC
Mic: yes

If this is a good idea, and someone with more experience at setting up teams or gathering information can take this over and set it up.

(I'm still modding. But right now, this is way, way fun :) )

Edited by cmorgan, 03 March 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm tentatively interested, but I didn't play the demo so I'm not sure what my name for the multiplayer will be. Count on me being an engineer, though.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

If I can get x-box live working.. hell yeah! I'm/I'll be kaeloree (big surprise). Will probably play an adept or vanguard... or, uh, I'm not really sure yet, as I don't remember what my main character's class is. Whoops. :D

#4 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I haven't tried it because I hate that awkward feeling of waltzing into a room full of strangers (even a virtual one :P sucks to be shy!), and because I was really bitter about no split screen option, but I'm AerynPhoenix on xbox live and I'd love to blow up things with you guys! I'm a class whore with a fair amount of shooter experience, so I can play anything decently, except perhaps an Adept - favor the Vanguard and Sentinel most. I'll probably be way too absorbed in the story for the first few days, but if I can figure out how xbox live works, I'm all for it. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#5 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

PC'ers and X-Boxers can play together, through Origin, right? Or does everyone have a different group?

#6 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I've turned towards the computer for ME3 and so I played some multiplayer and really enjoyed trying out the different classes. Here's me playing some while talking on Skype.

The best I think is the Adept with thier ability to freeze targets with thier biotics, like it's the only thing that can stop a phantom. Speaking of phantoms they are the most PITA enemies to take on with thier shots coming out of thier hand which drains your shield/barrier health quickly and the sword at close range which knocks you back, they also have a nasty one-hit kill move where the thrust the sword into you and killing you outright so you don't have a revival chance. It's still fun though. :lol2:

#7 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

PC'ers and X-Boxers can play together, through Origin, right? Or does everyone have a different group?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that they couldn't play together.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#8 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

I'm TwoChoos on origin, typically playing an infiltrator. :D

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#9 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

I think you must search for people using their Origin account name rather than their character name - at least, my Origin account name shows in the battle log, rather than my character name.

Also, vbgiani here (big surprise!).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#10 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Cool stuff - I'll re-edit my post. KIrving, I think you are right - my search-fu has exposed exactly how much I don't know about online co-op play. I am not completely sure, but it looks like unless you subscribe to XBox Live, XBox and PC games don't mix. I'm still figuring how that interacts with the Origin client. I only have a PC, so I may be pretty limited. I'm still poking about for information, but if it turns out it works, I will get a subscription to the Windows client.

the bigg, I want to play a bit with you so I can hear you swear in Italian! :D

#11 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Guess I am late to the party, but if anyone still plays the MP you can add me at vice1399 for Origin...

Edited by Vicen, 23 June 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#12 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

If Vicen's late to the party, then I'm probably arriving when the DJ's switched to crummy music to make people leave. If anyone wants to play, I'm "Eleima" on Origins, although I'm finishing up the single player campaign before I tackle the multiplayer (I just fired up one bronze map, I got pummeled ^_^ ).

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#13 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Given how the newest DLC basically adds Kal'Reegar, it's more like the case of a connoisseur DJ playing Pink Floyd to make ignoramuses leave.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#14 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Guess I'm not an ignoramus then, Pink Floyd *rocks*! ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#15 -Fey-

-Fey-

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Because I play on a PS3, and can't for the life of me figure out how to interface the headset with it, I'm forced to use skype for microphone related communication on a nearby laptop.  Jerry rig but it works.  Anyone wants some ME3 multiplayer though, skype is phedjra.  Coordination starts there.  On PS3 the name's Haylonos.

Yes I have a vanguard.  Yes I charge into the thick of things.  Yes I stand in the hack circles too.  Team player ^_^b