Photo

Aiden 2nd encounter not happening

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I met with Aiden in the Graveyard district somewhere around Chapter 2 Day 4: 2 hours.

I've now finished the slaver quest and I'm wandering around the slums district waiting for Aiden. I've advanced the clock using the Ctrl T function, and the time is now Chapter 2 Day 5: 0 hours. How long do I need to wait for Aden - Xan is exhausted and threatening to drop dead at my feet ;)

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Honestly, don't wait up for him. I've had mixed results using CTRL-T to advance the time. It seems to want to skip past that part. Maybe if I ever do another version, I'll just make life easier for everyone and have him show up at rest.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Does this mean I can try again another night - or do I have to go back to an earlier save before I did the Ctrl T thing?

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

No, just wait for another night. The dialogues are sequential, so as long as you don't actively run away from the ghostly glowing dude, you'll be fine.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

Many thanks ... and for a glowing dude Aid's kinda cute, so I won't run away :new_thumbs:

#6 -Greg-

-Greg-

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am having a similar problem. I first spoke to Aiden on Day 10. It is now day 23, and no sign of him.  Could he have shown up at a previous place that I missed, and will be there (during the night) until I return there, or could he also appear in other places for the second conversation?

#7 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

In my game, I too had problems get Aiden to show up. Eventually, I just turned the clock to hour 21, and resolved to just have my party stand around until he showed up. <_< I noticed that Aiden typically showed up during hour 23, just BEFORE the clock switched over to hour 0, so if you've been turning the clock to 0 or waiting around that time, that might be the reason you kept missing him. I doubt it's because you moved around. The bell sound he makes is pretty unmistakeable.

Don't know if this helps or not. If it's something more technical, Berelinde might be the only one who can help.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#8 -gurkenheinie-

-gurkenheinie-

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

hello eveerybody sorry for bumping this  old thread.

for me the second encounter at midnight isnt happening too. i tried out the solution of agashi but that isnt helping  me either. when i clua console aidan he has nothing to say.

is there maybe a global or something i could enter in the console to get this mod working?