Successful install of BGT with new D&D Anthology

Anthology BGT

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Thanks muchly, you deserve a big Baldur's Gate cake for this. Question though, does this have the tweaks and the Unfinished Business mod?.. If not, should I have installed them to their respective folders before completing your above instruction?

Nope, BGT Tweaks and BG1 Unfinished Business need to be installed separately. Run Setup-GUI.exe after all mods are installed (but before the Widescreen Mod if you use that).

#22 Tormentor

Tormentor
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thank you very much for answering. :)

#23 Tormentor

Tormentor
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Sorry for the annoyance again, this should be my last question.

So this is my final order of install. If it's not correct, either order or files I'm using, please say.

UB, LotSC then BG1 tweaks installed to BG folder.
UB then BG2 tweaks installed to BG2 folder.
Rename BG folder, extract BGT 1.14 to and run BGT setup (weidu) in BG2 folder.
Run BGT tweaks from BG2 folder.
Run Setup-bgtmusic.exe and Setup-GUI.exe and from BG2 folder.
Run Widescreen mod from BG2 folder.

Play.

I hope that's right.

Edited by Tormentor, 30 March 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#24 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

No, not quite. Don't install any mods to your BG1 folder. Everything should end up in your BG2 folder instead. BGT wants to import an unmodified (but complete) BG1-installation.

I would suggest the following (all in your BG2 folder):
Install the BG2 Fixpack.
Rename BG folder, extract BGT 1.14 to and run BGT setup (weidu) in BG2 folder.
Install LotSC.
I would highly recommend BG1 NPC Project. Also install BG1 NPC Music.
Install BG1 UB.
Install BG2 UB.
Install BGT Tweaks.
Install BG2 Tweaks. Make sure not to install the component "Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams" though.
Run Setup-bgtmusic.exe and Setup-GUI.exe from BG2 folder.
Install the Widescreen Mod.

The Big World PDF is a good source for information if you want more information on mods or recommended install orders.

Hope it works well for you!

Edited by hook71, 30 March 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#25 Tormentor

Tormentor
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Hook71,

You've done me a BIG favour. I'll stick to what's there, I just want to play as (an originally) completed and bugfree experience as possible, and that looks as if it eminently covers all my bases.. I can try the other's somewhere down the line.

Have a great weekend, I will be. ;)

#26 -Nismon-

-Nismon-

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for this guys.

Fresh install of Anthology and Ascension64-BGT-WeiDU-1.15.zip

Unzipped to BG2 directory and ran the setup..

A flurry of DOS text later and Worked like a +5 Charm.

#27 -Adam-

-Adam-

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have installed everything as instructed and it comes up with an error message "An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834" when I launch BGMain.exe  Could this be because I'm trying to play on a tv instead of a monitor, or is it my ATI Radeon 7670 HD card is incompatible?

#28 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

I have installed everything as instructed and it comes up with an error message "An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834" when I launch BGMain.exe  Could this be because I'm trying to play on a tv instead of a monitor, or is it my ATI Radeon 7670 HD card is incompatible?
I am pretty sure your installation didn't work before you installed any of those mods... as you need to check that it does before you start the game... it's doable after the too, but anyways...
First you need to make sure your installation folder is outside the C drives Program Files folders.
Then you need to open the baldur.ini file in your game directory with Notepad and make sure the [Alias] paths are correct in it. And then you just need to start the game with the BGMain.exe not the baldur.exe ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#29 -Darrell-

-Darrell-

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

Does anyone know how to successfully install dungeons and dragons anthology the master collection? PLEASE HELP!

#30 -Darrell-

-Darrell-

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

Does anyone know how to successfully install dungeons and dragons anthology the master collection for windows 10? PLEASE HELP!

#31 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

Install both games to 2 different folders preferebly in the C:\Users\*Windows username*\Documents\*Games*\ Subfolders, where the *these* are what ever you set them to be, and then check that the game works normally before you install any mods to it.

Know also that the "Documents" and the "Users" folder names can be marked as something else in your Windows language, but they are actually "Documents" and "Users" in the file system, because the programmers that did the localization were .... technical idiots, cause they couldn't localize the actual folder names, for technical reasons.

This is so that you can actually modify the game files, as the game was made to a system that is no longer fully supported. Install it anywhere else and then you can't, cause Windows.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#32 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

hi guys, i bought baldurs gate anthology 4-1 by weidu. In the disk, there are data1 and data11 extractable file, , my question is, where should i extract the file? are they supposed to be baldurs gate 1 file?

#33 -ash-

-ash-

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

please help guys, i busted my brains out trying to configure the whole thing, i cant seem to find a way

#34 Niewiem

Niewiem
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

Never heard about that version :(

#35 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Setups extract the files during install, you usually never touch a cab-file by hand.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#36 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

i see, , my baldurs gate is called the the 1M edition, , many normal installation procedure include the option for custom or full installation, but i dont have those, , i just click on the installer, , and it does automatic installation

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:04 AM

i chose C:\Games as my installtion folder, , after installation finished, i get a BGII-SoA folder in my C:\Games with 5.04GB of data, , ,is that supposed to be enough for both baldurs gate 1 and 2 data? or there are something missing from my cd

#38 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

i chose C:\Games as my installtion folder, , after installation finished, i get a BGII-SoA folder in my C:\Games with 5.04GB of data, , ,is that supposed to be enough for both baldurs gate 1 and 2 data? or there are something missing from my cd

If I add my bg1 and my bg2 folder original games + original patches I get 5.15GB of data but that is an installation of the two original games, so it is hard to tell from just those figures.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#39 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:59 AM

You did install the BG1 to a different folder ?

It's about 5 gigabytes, as it depends a bit on what you set the game cache and so forth, and the install iteration. As the very original game had at least a 100MBs in multiple same named files as they were in different CDs.

#40 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

it seems to me that when i install the game from the disk, it creates a BGII - SoA folder that i have specified in C:\Games, , it is confusing because Setup-bgt.exe asks for baldurs gate installation path, , and i dont have that because all of the folders of Baldurs gate is combined together in BGII - SoA, , So i dont know where exactly to specify the installation path, , is there anyway around this?