Photo

Two problems with 1pp v2.70

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

There are two pitfalls for the unwary/uninformed during the installation of 1pp v2.70. Those being:

MODDER, it should be removed/commented out, as it only causes confusion if you see a whole host of warning notices during installation.

These two components
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.7

have to have a REQUIRE_COMPONENT for this
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.7

unless one wants threads about mysterious crashes, when a Flame Short Sword animation should be played. The reason for those crashes is, that (4) supplies the BAMs which are required for (5) and (6).

It could and probably will be fixed temporarily by the BWP Fixpack, but ultimately it's better if those problems are resolved at the source - 1pp v2.70 itself.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Eh... where you been 10th? :D The bigg commented on commenting out MODDER in 1pp in the BWP Fixpack thread years ago - I think it was actually the first post (and thus one of the first fixes no doubt).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

I know :D
But as someone, somewhere in some thread noted: report bugs in the respective forums and not only in this behemoth of a thread.

The second problem happened to someone over at the kerzenburg forums, it could've been avoided by the use of REQUIRE_COMPONENT.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ah, I'd assumed the bigg had posted here too but who knows at this point. Erephine was talking about overhauling and possibly merging 1PPs a while back, but unfortunately she's been scarce lately.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle