Game balance tactics and super items

balance items tactics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hugstari

Hugstari
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm just wondering, if i were to install some of the tactical battle mods would they make the rest of the game battles way to easy. That is do they add new items to the game that are much more powerful then the ones i could have.

I remember playing the game and installing a whole bunch of mods with the bws back in the 9.x days (i think). Then i was backing +5 items and had ac -10 on all my chars while still playing BG1. That was kind of weird. But then again some of the battles were pretty hard even then :)

So i'm just kinda wondering if anybody knows which mods add the uber loot into the game so i could avoid those. At least till my second play-through :D

#2 -max-

-max-

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well the item mods like Sorcerers place mod (iirc the guy sells great stuff in the Promenade), RTT mod are fine along with Rolles, Ruad, Weimar's item upgrade, munchmod etc.

The overpowered ones I remember uninstalling were Exnem mod, and maybe Alex Macintosh too.

Even Weimar's mod lets you get +5 items, the balance I suppose is what part of the game you are in and how strong your character and his enemies are.

Don't forget TDD, SOS, TS. ROT, and CTB all add stuff, and some is uber powerful. But that high level stuff is later in the game. You know it is actually hard to avoid uber loot come to think of it.

#3 Hugstari

Hugstari
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

OK thanks for that. I guess I'll just do it like i did the last time. If i get something i think is to powerful I'll just throw it away and promptly get my ass kicked in the next tactical battle :)

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

There was a BP Balancer mod that attempted to address uber-loot but I don't know if it's maintained anymore. Those ones max mentioned you should definitely avoid because all they do is add uber-loot (and sometimes bugs too), but the problem is with the megamods. They add a lot of good content, but also unfortunately a lot of uber-loot, and you can't have one without the other.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, items, tactics