Photo

Killed a dragon but i could not absorb his soul.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I was attacked by a blood dragon and an elder dragon outside of Mount Anthor. I killed both of them. The 1st one to go down was the blood dragon and i absorbed his soul. When i killed the elder one, despite approaching his carcass, nothing happened. Is there a bug, or is there a limit to the number of souls we can have in our inventory at any given time? Currently i have 19 dragon souls.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#2 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

According to the UESPwiki page on Dragons in Skyrim, "you will occasionally fail to absorb a dragon's soul after killing one. This issue can possibly result from fast traveling, mounting a horse, looting a container, or engaging an NPC in dialogue the moment the dragon dies. Note that respawned dragons at dragon shrines do not yield dragon souls."

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif