Photo

How could they overlook such an important detail?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

During the Thieve's Guild quests I am talking with Enthir about Falmor and during the discussion the dialogue options i have and the answers i get from him, it's like i don't know i am an elf and neither does he!

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#2 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

You have to cut them some slack on this. There are nine playable races. Multiply that by the number of interactions and you get a *lot* of possible responses and modified answers. I get your frustration, I rolled a Khajiit, and Ysolda spoke to me about their caravans as if I wasn't one of them, but... Really, it's just so huge, you can't fault the devs for that.
Also, you could also be an elf who doesn't know anything about the Falmer, incidentally.

Edited by Eleima, 04 April 2012 - 02:49 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#3 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yes, i know i ask a lot. It's their fault. They made a game with so much complexity that i am spoiled now and i want more!

Another example is the Nightingale quests. I had the thieve's guild quest line initiated after i reached 46th level. It was done on purpose. Since before i started playing the game i had decided i will roam the world and get to know every place, both in wilderness and in towns, villages, etc. I would do that before i moved on with the main quest line, completing only smaller quests, then slowly the side quest lines and the main for much later on. Up to now i have completed all but 2 of the daerdric quests, the college of winterhold quest line, being thane to all but 3 cities and the thieve's guild and Companions quest lines. I have felt absolute freedom of choice up to the Nightingales. There i was let down badly. I felt i had no choice from the beginning. Let's forget the arrow that incapacitated me automatically and then cut the video scene. Dialogue options were poor and i felt rushed into actions without alternatives. It was an either-or situation throughout the quest line which is frustrating. Why should i be subjected to Nocturnal's ritual? I could have easily defeated Marcey without it, without promising my soul to a daedra. I was almost 50 level character with equipment built by me with maximum enchantments. As a character i had no interest in promising my soul to a daedra. It felt very wrong. In the end i was forced to go through with it, because if i didn't i would have to forget closure for this specific quest line. My point is they spoiled me with so much freedom of choice that in this instance where i didn't have it, it hurt me a lot!

Edited by quinlan, 04 April 2012 - 01:27 PM.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#4 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Here is a new oversight, one much more serious:

I decided to join the Brotherhood. Just for fun and to see if it is possible to kill her, i saved and tried to kill her.So it is possible. A new quest line begun, called "destroy the dark brotherhood". The strange thing is that it doesn't matter which city the guard you report the killing is from. In order to test my theory, i went to Windhelm (still haven't decided to join either the imperials or the stormcloaks). The guard there told me to report to the same person, an imperial general! How could he????

Edited by quinlan, 10 April 2012 - 01:04 AM.

My fantasy story

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I do have a rationale regarding the obligation to become a chosen of Nocturnal in the Thieves' Guild questline. You have to remember that Nocturnal is a Daedric prince, and they have this uncanny way of trapping you in their schemes, will or no. You want predictable? free will? Go to the Aedra. ;)
I know it's fanfic, but it's particularly well illustrated in the brilliantly written Between Times by Crisium.

As for the Dark Brotherhood, well, I can't answer on that count, I haven't even started that questline.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif