xParty 1.4 discussion

Discuss xParty 1.4 here

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the great script. It worked great for my BG1 Tutu game, but did not work when I imported the chars into BG2/TOB. It does work fine for new chars created in BG2. Any idea why imported chars would be a problem? It seems to be only the casting that's broken. Thanks.
Hmm... sorry, I can't really say.  Which characters are you using and what are they doing wrong?

Edited by Xyx, 05 October 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#22 -mbrowne-

-mbrowne-

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

I imported 3 chars, 2 casters and a Fighter.  Nothing unusual I can see with the Fighter.  Caster 1 is a human dual-class, Fighter2/Mage9.  He no longer casts automatically as he did in BG1 eg. Armor and Melf's Meteor.  Caster 2 is a half-elf multiclass Fighter7/Cleric7.  She doesn't heal with hotkey "F" in BG2, though "Healing" shows over her head.  They can cast the spells manually OK, and Hotkey "B" works as expected.  Weapon switching and targeting are OK.  Everything is as expected with chars created in BG2.  That's the only party I've created, so I'm a bit short on info for ya :)  I'm glad to do any tests that might help.

#23 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

Odd. Any mods installed that might change those spells? Does the script still work properly for non-imported characters?

#24 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

It seems to work fine for non-import chars in BG2.  I have a BG2-created Sorcerer, Fighter, and dual-class Fighter/Cleric and Imoen all working as expected in the starting area.  I'm using only BG2 Fixpack and BG2 Tweaks, same as in my Tutu game.  I tried earlier BG1 saves to import from, and tried exporting after stripping their items and spells, same problem.  I dunno...

#25 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:37 AM

I had another look at the script but I can't really figure out the problem. The only theory I have is that those imported characters use slightly different versions of the spells because they're from BG1. The script doesn't really care what sort of character you are as long as you can cast Melf's Minute Meteors. Perhaps your imported characters use spells with IDs that the script doesn't know.

I'm afraid that the only recommendation I can still make is that you re-create your characters in BG2 as closely as possible and then use a character editor such as Shadow Keeper (or the new EEKeeper if you're using the Enhanced Edition) to correct the differences.

#26 -mbrowne-

-mbrowne-

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well, thanks for checking it out.  It was puzzling since everything was OK in Tutu.  All I could think of was maybe internal spell ID or timing differences. 

Anyway I appreciate the minimalist script.  If I wanted to not autocast Melf's Minute Meteors would it be as simple as just commenting out the "Replenish" section?

Thanks.

#27 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

If I wanted to not autocast Melf's Minute Meteors would it be as simple as just commenting out the "Replenish" section?
Yup. That and the bedtime prep section if you don't want it cast there either.

But why wouldn't you want to cast Melf's Minute Meteors wherever possible? I wasn't convinced when I first saw it, but people said it was really good. So I tried it out and now I think it's the best level 3 spell ever. The sheer damage output and the ease of punching through most magical protections just eclipse so many other strategies.

#28 -mbrowne-

-mbrowne-

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

Yep!  I'm with you on it being an awesome spell.  It's just too bad the game doesn't let us unequip the meteors.  I'd like to be able to remove or change melee weapons or at times use other options for range like magical effect darts, bolts or arrows easier.  Dispelling is a hassle and the autocast would just cast again, and could run through a lot of dispels/MMMs for a sorcerer.  The quickspell button is probably the best tradeoff at least for me.

#29 -SCVBAll-

-SCVBAll-

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Will this work for Enhanced Edition?

#30 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

I don't know. I don't have Enhanced Edition. From what I understand, it might just work. If you try it, please let us know!