xMinion 1.2 discussion

Discuss xMinion 1.2 here

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

This topic is for the discussion of xMinion 1.2.

These scripts aren't nearly as sophisticated as the xParty script, but they don't need to be. I'm quite happy with them. The smarter Nymph is especially nice to have in the first half of Shadows of Amn.

The planetar was kind of funny... he/she/it has loads of spells, but most of his/her/its time is much better spent whacking things with a sword. I only scripted those spells that compared favorably to that. The planetar could kill several creatures in the time it would take to cast a single Flame Strike, for instance.

If you feel I ignored an important creature, then let's hear it! My reasoning is that if I didn't script it, either it doesn't need scripting (no tricks) or I won't be summoning it anyway.

#2 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I will take a look. Thanks for this mod. It seems a waste that no one still tried it , yet!

Fist time I'm ever visiting the section of this forum and finding so many good jewels!

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#3 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

How does this mod interact with gminions, or are they mutually exclusive? A little mod called PnP Celestials is also a staple for many folks these days. Both are small mods from the Gibberlings3 site that are quite popular.

#4 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

The short answer is mutually exclusive.

gMinion is awesome, but I would not have written xMinion if I had not thought I could improve on it.  xMinion borrows heavily from gMinion, does all the relevant* things that gMinion does, and does some of them better.  That was the whole point for writing it, as otherwise I would have just used gMinion myself.

The reason for mutual exclusivity is that both packages override some of the same scripts.  If you feel adventurous, you could install xMinion over gMinion and see what happens.  It should only overwrite the stuff I improved, and I don't really expect any issues**.

* gMinion is slightly more "completionist" than xMinion and may support the odd critter that xMinion doesn't.  I can't remember which ones exactly, but nothing that I personally consider relevant, as otherwise I would have written support for it.

** No guarantees.  It's been a while and I don't remember exactly what gMinion does.