Lilarcor soundset 1.2 discussion

Discuss Lilarcor 1.2 here

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

This topic is for the discussion of Lilarcor 1.2.

Lilarcor always cracks me up. I actually made a soundset just like this ten years ago, but it got lost, so I did it again. It took me a while to settle on the proper mix of quotes. The long rambling quotes get repetitive after a while, so I replaced those with short sound clips. I'm currently using the soundset for my evil backstabbing Thief, and it's absolutely hilarious!

But what do you think?

Edited by Xyx, 06 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I would love to tell you what I think, but when I download the archive, half of the sounds are just empty 0 byte files. Anyone else get them to download? :(

#3 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Works for me... but that doesn't help you any. I've attached another archive (rar format this time.) Maybe that works for you. If not, please make sure the problem is not on your end and then let me know.

Attached Files

#4 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Only about 8 of them seem to be working for me also. The others aren't 0 byte files, but they refuse to be played in VLC or iTunes.

Edited by Rhaella, 15 April 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#5 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

The game uses a special type of compression for these sounds that not all sound players will understand. I did not convert those particular sounds because I believe it would have increased the file size. The other files have been edited and therefore saved in an uncompressed format.

If I ever upload another version, I'll have a look at how much of a difference this compression makes. I can see that it would be nice to be able to "preview" the sounds.

#6 -Lee Caddick-

-Lee Caddick-

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for this - I made a chaotic neutral bard with a very low wisdom score and I wanted a voice set that was a little deranged and this is perfect :D