Photo

New NPC mod

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place! :) I need to get my new NPC mod hosted somewhere. I hope it could be here, but I would be happy with anyplace that will accept my new NPC mod.

I do not have direct access to the net so I can not be around at all times... But I am serious about my mod and supporting it.

Anyway my mod is the first part of a three mod set called the satori series. The mod name is IETAO.
I really want to get hosting lined up quickly because I want to release my mod on Friday April 13, 2012.

I will admit that this release still has some bugs I am working through on a TUTU install. I am hopefull to have it debugged in the near future.

Thank you,

Headbanger

#2 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

1) Are you looking for a place to actually upload the finished product so that it can be downloaded?
2) Are you looking for a place to post about your mod with links to its download location and so that others may discuss any issues etc?

If 1 then you may need to contact a site administrator directly, they may have more questions etc which you may not want to divulge the answers of in public due to spoilers etc..

If 2 then here is an option:
visit here: http://www.shsforums...-released-mods/
read the pinned threads first

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

That's a very short timeframe there -- shoot me a PM with a hosting request (explain what the mod is about, give some examples of dialogue/art/etc) and I'll see if we can fast-track it.

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Friday, 13th seems like a great date to release a mod, but (I'll play the devil's advocate here) I'd really, really advise against releasing a bugged version. Most players aren't skilled with console repairs, and they will probably end up confused, or, worse, disappointed.

Also, not every modder knows that, but the first version of the mod will ALWAYS draw the most players and have the most downloads. So, even if part 2 and part 3 of your mod are brilliant, not as many people will see it, because most players download v1, go offline to play it, and that's it. Few come back to offer comments, and even fewer go and check for the next version. I'd like to point out that July 13th is Friday, too, and it's easy to get the mod wholly done by then, no? :)

Anyway! I'm one of the moderators on pocketplane.net, so if you're interested in hosting at PPG, shoot me a PM with a link to your beta(you could upload it temporarily and send a private link).

#5 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Got to admit I am having some probs! :-) I am using the browsers at the local community college, guess I do not have all the latest gadgets.

Edited by Headbanger, 12 April 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

If you're having problems with the mod installation/testing, your best bet is probably posting at the Q&A board here, on G3 or on PPG. Also, check out the newest EasyTutu version, if you are testing on a Tutu install. Registering probably isn't a bad idea, either, because it means sending private messages. (There can be additional requirements to sending PMs, though: on pocketplane.net, because of spammers, every registered user gets approved first, and has to have at least five posts before sending PMs. Unfortunate, but necessary). Anyway, best of luck with your mod!

#7 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

If you're having problems with the mod installation/testing, your best bet is probably posting at the Q&A board here, on G3 or on PPG. Also, check out the newest EasyTutu version, if you are testing on a Tutu install. Registering probably isn't a bad idea, either, because it means sending private messages. (There can be additional requirements to sending PMs, though: on pocketplane.net, because of spammers, every registered user gets approved first, and has to have at least five posts before sending PMs. Unfortunate, but necessary). Anyway, best of luck with your mod!

Sorry, for any missunderstanding. Not a problem with the mod, a problem with uploading the mod. I found out I could attach it to the end of an e-mail just fine, but I could not use the upload file option inside the download area. The boxes for select file, and select screen-shots did not allow me to do anything. I had guessed it was a browser problem even though I tried both explorer and firefox, because the community college images the computers, I do not have administrative rights, so if a new version of flash was required there would be nothing I could do about it.

Thanks for your concern.

Headbanger

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ah, well, that happens. I'm using an outdated Opera, myself, and some file services just don't work for me. If you can send it via e-mail(provided it's less than 10 mb, because attachments are limited), mine is: kulyok,
at yandex.ru. You got audio for the mod yet, by the way?

#9 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Ah, well, that happens. I'm using an outdated Opera, myself, and some file services just don't work for me. If you can send it via e-mail(provided it's less than 10 mb, because attachments are limited), mine is: kulyok,
at yandex.ru. You got audio for the mod yet, by the way?

Not yet! I do have it in mind to voice my mod. The laptop I have at home is in a sad shape currently, and is missing a t key and a u key. I have to cut and past those keys from other files. :) So I really do not trust that computers microphone to work properly. My best options at this point seem to be to use a cell phone, or borrow a computer and a mic. Yes, ultimately, I need a new computer, but I can not really just buy a two hundred dollar netbook, because of the demands I place on a computer. I can have 15-20 copies of VIM running, and lots of IE installs. lots of browsers, just lots of stuff, and I can multitask heavily.