CTD on rest (windows 7)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I reinstalled Beta Core Fixes, then tried creating each of the items as you suggested and then resting. The game crashed with each item.

Oh, I meant, does merely creating the item cause the game to crash? Since you got as far as resting I assume it did not.

#22 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Oh! Sorry about that. That's correct, just creating the items doesn't cause the game to crash.

I tried uninstalling 1PP and reinstalling the Fixpack. This time, I also took the liberty of reinstalling the "Optional But Cool" components I had previously. The game crashed again on rest. Just to be certain, I uninstalled the Optional But Cool components, and tried again, with the same result. Then, I uninstalled Beta Core Fixes as before, which again eliminated the crash.

"Peace will come, but whether born of harmony or entropy I cannot say."

-- Oracle en-Vec

#23 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Okay, so, download ToBEx and install the core component.
Open the file tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini and look under [Debug]. Change the 0 in the line Log Dialogue Bar=0 into a 1 and save the file.

Download the attached file, place it in your game directory, copy any setup-somemod.exe into setup-test.exe and install the mod.

Then, crash the game as normal and attach the two files tobex.log and tobex_dlg.log.

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.tp2   428bytes   110 downloads

Edited by Wisp, 26 April 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#24 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Done and done. Files attached. (Note that the dialogue with Bernard appears twice; I forgot to re-install Beta Core Fixes the first time, so there was no crash.)

Attached Files

-- Oracle en-Vec

#25 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Can you try resting in the wild and attaching those log files? (Not that I think it will reveal any more, but it is worth a shot.)

Can you look up the value of the global variables HadJonDream1 and HadJonDream2? If either value is 0, can you try setting the corresponding variables JonDream1 or JonDream2 to some very large value (say, 999999999) and try resting again?

#26 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Attached are the logs after replicating the crash in the Small Teeth Pass.

I checked the values for HadJonDream1 and HadJonDream2, both of which were 1.

Attached Files

-- Oracle en-Vec

#27 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well, at this point, if you would just like to resume playing, you can go back to your first installation and uninstall the beta fixes and pick up where you left off. You wouldn't be missing anything terribly important.

But if you would like to keep at it there are some things left that can be tried, including, but not limited to:
(i) creating the creatures "danno" (unless Danno, from Mazzy's quest, has already made his apprearance) and "sword01" to eliminate them and their items and (ii) downloading and installing the attached mod (done the same way as before) to see if it prints anything but "ipsion.itm" and "ption41.itm".

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.tp2   589bytes   93 downloads

Edited by Wisp, 28 April 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#28 Western Paladin

Western Paladin
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Interesting. Creating Danno leads to him walking up to Mazzy and initiating the dialogue which opens with him asking "Hello, Mazzy! Been slaying dragons, have you?" over and over again. As in, if I click through until it finishes, he immediately begins it again, leaving no time for me to do anything else. I ended up using Alt-F4 to exit the program. In the case of the item, I get a message that says "Error File sword01 does not exist." The new TobEx_dlg.log is as attached.

I also tried the new test you attached. It only printed ipsion.itm and ption41.itm.

Attached Files

Edited by Western Paladin, 28 April 2012 - 08:48 PM.

-- Oracle en-Vec

#29 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Interesting. Creating Danno leads to him walking up to Mazzy and initiating the dialogue which opens with him asking "Hello, Mazzy! Been slaying dragons, have you?" over and over again. As in, if I click through until it finishes, he immediately begins it again, leaving no time for me to do anything else. I ended up using Alt-F4 to exit the program.

Sorry, I guess he does that when the relevant varibables have not been properly initialised.

In the case of the item, I get a message that says "Error File sword01 does not exist."

Sword01 is a creature, not an item (specifically, it is a Mordenkainen's Sword, equipped with the ipsion item).

Edited by Wisp, 29 April 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#30 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Additionally, you may want to try installing the attached mod. It has been helpful to at least one other person with this type of crash. Just copy any setup-somemod.exe to setup-nythrunfix.exe and install.

Attached Files