Anomen & Darian

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 -limalama-

-limalama-

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hey,

First loving Darian so far and he is a good match for my elf :)

But I just have one concern at the moment along with the romance, I have Anomen in my party because I like a bit of rival fighting hehe.

Anomen has recently been knighted and then I get his lovetalk about how he thanks me for all my help etc etc. and his RomanceActive global changes to 2.

Darian's at this stage is at 4, which from what i know is friends and waiting on the scene in the forest. I sped up time a bit and had a few more Darian talks and Anomen love talks but didn't get a Darian scene at any point - it might be because I was still being nice to Anomen?

I also read in the FAQ there was a point where you could choose between them, let one of them down etc but this doesn't seem to come up at any point, but is this again because Darian is only in friendship stage?

Is it ok that I have Anomen in global stage of 2 for the romance and still be able to get Darian into full romance by end of SOA?

I was thinking of just kicking Anomen out, as I have a save just before he does his talk I said above and then rejoin him so it kills the romance and carry on with Darian, but would like to let Anomen down than just kick.

Hope it makes sense

Thanks for help in advance.

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

If AnomenRomanceActive is at 2, you're locked into his romance and out of Darian's.

You say DarianRomanceActive is at 4, which means you've already had the forest scene (Darian talking about his past and something he did that still bothers him). It only goes to 2 and locks in the romance after you have that talk, changing RomanceActive to 4, and then go to Spellhold - the romance locks in with a conversation soon after you arrive in Spellhold.

From the sounds of it, you continued to romance Anomen as well, and ended up locking in his romance before the opportunity to lock in Darian's came up.

Yes, Darian's romance is slow to fire and usually ends up taking a back seat to other romances, and that's intentional. You set up a romantic rivalry between Anomen and Darian in your game, and Anomen won.

Edited by Tempest, 17 April 2012 - 11:33 AM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 -limalama-

-limalama-

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Ah ok I do remember that talk about him regretting what he did - so I am save to go to spellhold now?
Tho I haven't gone there yet Darian has still had a few talks since with me, about how he now trusts me etc is that right?

If I booted Anomen out before he does his so happy to be a knight would it carry on with Darian if I went to spellhold?

Thanks for the fast reply!

#4 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't know when exactly AnomenRomanceActive goes to 2, but if you kick him out or just turn down his romantic advances, you should be safe to go to Spellhold after that scene with Darian. That scene means that Darian has opened up to you and the door is open for the relationship to develop further. Some talks afterwards fire regardless of whether the RomanceActive is at 2 or 4, though some of the dialogue changes depending on if the romance has been locked in or not. The real meat of the romance from this point onwards consists of plot-dependent scenes.

Edited by Tempest, 17 April 2012 - 12:44 PM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#5 -limalama-

-limalama-

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks.

I have kicked Anomen out before he managed to get the variable to change to 2 and romance seems to be going swimmingly with Darian :)

#6 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Am enjoying this mod quite a bit.  I'm a bit confused, and hope that you can help out:

Darian is at 2 - romance is active, he's been giving me little flirts (which are lovely, by the way).  Here's the confusion:  I also have Anomen at 2 as well.  They have had a few banters, even once where Anomen said to him that since my PC chose him (Darian) he wishes him well; and then Darian had the same convo back at Anomen shortly thereafter (while we were in the Underdark).  I saw in the FAQ where Darian and Anomen respect my character and won't fight over her; but, do they make her choose at some point?  I just had the part where Anomen left the group, had to tell him PC loved him, and he's back.  Getting ready to face Bodhi; I just don't want to loose Darian (but didn't want to give up Anomen as he's a hell of a fighter and. with the banter pack and flirts, adds a lot to the team).  

I know, I know...I'm asking for spoilers.  Don't care.  I love Darian (although more flirts and banter options would be nice...hint...hint).

Thanks!

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

You've run into a bug. You should not have been able to get Darian and Anomen both to RomanceActive to 2. There's not supposed to be a scene where they force you to choose - if Anomen's romance goes to 2, Darian's is supposed to terminate, and vice versa. I don't have access to the code right now, but I'll see if I can check it when I get home this evening.

As for your hints... I hate writing flirts, and Darian isn't one for small talk.

Edited by Tempest, 25 June 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

I've got v2.3 on my drive, but the problem might be that there's no Anomen-Darian script kill at all(in v2.3, at least). Crossmod Banter Pack helps with mod romance kills, but it doesn't include Anomen, so it's for each individual mod author to include.

I'd recommend adding the following to T1Dar.baf(replacing ADAngel with T1Dar, naturally):

// Anomen script kill
IF
Global("ADAngelWonAnomen","GLOBAL",0)
Global("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
OR(2)
Global("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("ADAngelWonAnomen","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
END

IF
Global("ADAngelLostAnomen","GLOBAL",0)
Global("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
Global("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("ADAngelLostAnomen","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
END

#9 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

I THOUGHT one or the other was supposed to end at 2, so just kept playing.  Now in the elven city (darn it if I'm gonna try and spell it!), have taken romance with Darian to 'the next level', yet still getting flirts and lovetalk from Anomen (silly, silly man!).  

Thanks for the script.  I was thinking of something less...ah...complicated - I'm gonna use the ShadowKeeper and simply put Anomen's romanceactive to 3.  I do not want to risk breaking Darian's romance when we get to ToB!

Thanks!  Love the mod.  As for the 'flirts', I guess more 'talks' is actually what I was looking for.  I love that he's not all lovey-dovey; he knows he's got himself a strong woman, and treats her as such.  It's just...my gal is rather talkative...and has talked his ear off so much....I'll definitely keep watching for updates, etc. and plan to play through again.

#10 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'll inspect Darian's code when I get home, as I said. I presently have internet access only from work. I was pretty sure there was a kill script for Anomen's romance, but wouldn't be the first thing Liam and I thought was in the mod but actually was not.

As for updates, I'm actually pretty happy with the current state of the mod, barring things like this flaring up. The only serious update I've considered, I discarded after finding all my attempts at it unsatisfactory. I'd still love to get Darian voiced at some point, but all efforts made at doing so to date have also been unsatisfactory.

#11 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Thanks, again.  My next play through is NOT going to have Anomen...perhaps Kelsey?...Maybe Faren....Edwin would be interesting...But not Saulafien (don't want it to just stop...)...

Have you tried over on BioWare's social site for a voice actor?  There are quite a few who have done VA for BioWare mods (the actor who voices Ser Roland Gilmore for Immort's mod comes to mind immediately, but there are quite a few).  And, I know of a few for BG.  I'd think that an Avariel accent would be more slavic sounding (maybe not quite as Russian as Jaheira...).

#12 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

I generally stay well clear of the Bioware social site, but I will consider it once I get internet access at my new apartment. For the time being, however, it is not a priority. I recently moved and started a new full-time job, and modding has not been on my priority list. And should it matter, when v15 of the Crossmod Banter Pack is finished, Darian will have crossmod banters with Aurora, Arath, Iylos, Nephele, Xulaye, Yeslick, Adrian, Tyris Flare, Ajantis, Sarah, and Auren Aseph.

Edited by Tempest, 25 June 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#13 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Ha!  Completely agree with you there on the BioWare site.  Once they moved from IGN, it rather lost much of it's appeal.

Good luck with the move...we just made a major move ourselves and still settling in.  Frankly, if you never touch the mod again, it's still a great ride!

#14 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think I have the issue sorted out and sent to K'aeloree for the next update.

#15 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wonderful.  Glad to hear of the update.  Am getting ready to start ToB and am looking forward to their relationship progressing further.  But now...I wonder...with the updates to both the crossmod and this one, is it still worthwhile completing my playthrough?  Ahm...yup!