• Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Thank you! We're getting there slowly.

#22 spamhead80

spamhead80
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

I've never done a playthrough romacing an evil aligned character, but this looks like it might be fun. Thanks for doing the work on this, as it's modders like you guys that keep the game interesting for the rest of us :).

#23 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

It's been a pleasure! I hope you enjoy it. :) I wouldn't put too much stock in the alignment, really. He's definitely unimpressed by goodness in general and a bit too casual about things like murder-for-hire, but unless he sees a paladin charging him, he usually doesn't care much about conventional morality one way or the other.

#24 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Sounds great! I bet he would not really get along with Kivan (maybe this would be some apt crossmod for later?). I'm wondering if you want to do some crossmod with my NPC (Lythai - WIP elven/werewolf mage) at some point?
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#25 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, Kivan is one of the handful I've already taken a look at, and they don't play very nicely at all.

I'm always happy to do crossmod. =) I probably won't be able to anytime soon, though, since I'm going to be swamped with work until July or so.

#26 ramenbito

ramenbito
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

So ahem will you need testers? Because I kinda volunteer. ^^

#27 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yes, indeed! K'aeloree has been doing the scripting and alpha testing (I can't troubleshoot to save my life), so I'm not quite sure when we're going to need beta testers, but I shall keep you in mind. =)

#28 spamhead80

spamhead80
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I would also like to volunteer :).

#29 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Awesome. I'll let both of you know once we're ready. =)

#30 OutofSHD

OutofSHD
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Another one potential tester here: I absolutly love Lore-heavy NPCs and the whole premise sounds quite awesome :clap:

#31 ramenbito

ramenbito
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

great, thanks. I will be ready for it. (i hope ) ^^

#32 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thank you, OutofSHD! Yeah, I'm a lore fiend myself, so there's quite a bit lurking around beneath the surface.

Anyway, hopefully we'll be ready for you guys sometime soon. :)

#33 Sappho

Sappho
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I've been watching your thread over at Petals and Thorns and I just now noticed he's got a S&H page! Yay! :D Very excited to see all the hard work you're putting into this. Best of luck, can't wait until he's completed!

#34 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I probably should have mentioned over at P&T that he had a page now, but I guess I tend to just assume that everyone else stalks all of the modding websites too, haha. Thank you for following things! =)

#35 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Apologies if this has already been asked - any voicing/multimedia (music, extra areas, graphics, etc) you plan on?

Good luck on this btw. :)
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#36 -Illana-

-Illana-

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

I just found this mod and have to say after reading this I am very very intrigued to see where this lead.
I will keep an eye on this mod and can't wait to see what Adrian will be up in the game. :)

#37 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Apologies if this has already been asked - any voicing/multimedia (music, extra areas, graphics, etc) you plan on?

Thank you! And nope, this hasn't been asked yet..

Music, yes. Gotta love Creative Commons for simply existing. Voicing... hopefully eventually, though I'm the sort of person who keeps on revising down to the eleventh hour (and tends to tear out audio files anyway), so it's not a priority just yet. Beyond that, I tried to stick with things I thought I'd be able to script (and then couldn't script half of that anyway and had to ask K'aeloree for help), so he's mostly a dialogue mod at present.

I just found this mod and have to say after reading this I am very very intrigued to see where this lead.
I will keep an eye on this mod and can't wait to see what Adrian will be up in the game. :)

Thanks for your interest and I hope you'll enjoy him! Aside from picking the occasional fight with Amnish aristocrats, he probably won't be causing more problems than, say, Viconia does. His advice tends to be ruthlessly pragmatic, though.

#38 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thank you! And nope, this hasn't been asked yet..

Music, yes. Gotta love Creative Commons for simply existing. Voicing... hopefully eventually, though I'm the sort of person who keeps on revising down to the eleventh hour (and tends to tear out audio files anyway), so it's not a priority just yet. Beyond that, I tried to stick with things I thought I'd be able to script (and then couldn't script half of that anyway and had to ask K'aeloree for help), so he's mostly a dialogue mod at present.

Nice! Some advice (though it may be unwarranted) - don't be afraid to try new things out. It's how I (and probably a lot of other modders) learned. Want a new quest with a new area? Use that as an opportunity to learn how to do advanced scripting and area creation. Getting your feet wet a little won't destroy your mod - overreaching will though (ie: 6 NPCs and a total conversion....with 2 people).

I'll play a mod that adds new content to the game before I play a mod that requires me to free up a party slot for another chatty character that at most adds amusing banter (not that I don't like amusing banter).

Edited by theacefes, 31 May 2012 - 01:06 PM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#39 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Oh, as things stand, he does include one quest... though expanding it in a future version might be very interesting. I need to lock myself in a closet and spend the next month and a half preparing for the Bar exam, but come autumn, putting on my DMing hat could definitely be fun.

Edited by Rhaella, 31 May 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#40 OutofSHD

OutofSHD
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

So, how is it going ? I've just re-installed my BG after a six month break and would really like to try something new :)