Photo

Sorry, but uh... what happened to the BWS?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uranium - 235

Uranium - 235
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

This would probably be easier if Big World had its own forum I could find this crap in, but since the last time I installed the BWP was years ago nobody seems to have had that idea in the meantime yet.

Anyway, last time I used it I had this awesome GUI that downloaded and installed everything for me. Which no longer works and now we're back to the stone ages and downloading / installing mods is like a two-day process now.

Just curious but what happened that rendered the program violently incompatible? I keep hearing a whisper about a 'resurrection' but don't see any 'work in progress' threads so can't see much about that either.

#2 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Whoever was maintaining it decided to not maintain it anymore. It was too much work. Now you have to follow a longer set of instructions and download/install everything manually using this guide: http://www.shsforums...newbies-and-up/
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#3 -Tim-

-Tim-

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

That's not correct Usuper :)

The Ressurrection is ongoing and there is a working Beta. You may use it and post possible errors here in SHS or at Kerzenburg.
http://baldurs-gate....nloads.php?id=2

Feel free to try it.

#4 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

The other side of the story - I'm working on a completely independent project of reviving the BWS from Tim and the other Kerzenburg members - with several key modifications (including porting it to Java) that would hopefully make it better than the AutoIt3 version.

(It's not done yet because I'm a busy guy)
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#5 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

That's not correct Usuper :)

The Ressurrection is ongoing and there is a working Beta. You may use it and post possible errors here in SHS or at Kerzenburg.
http://baldurs-gate....nloads.php?id=2

Feel free to try it.

I'm getting a 403 forbidden error from that link. I've read other people that have problems with baldurs-gate.eu because they have a very liberal blacklist on that server I guess. I won't ever be able to use that sadly enough.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.