[FIXED-obsolete] German - installation problems with audio files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

EDIT:
This topic is obsolete; a new version is available with this fix already applied. Please ignore this topic and switch to the newest version.

SUMMARY:
There is an issue with the installer, which causes the installation in German to fail. If you want to install DSotSC in German, replace the setup-dsotsc.tp2 file (contained in the game folder, in the dsotsc subfolder) with this one.

ORIGINAL THREAD:
There are two guys over at the Kerzenburg that have reported an error like this ( I can reproduce the error):

Spoiler

Edited by Turambar, 04 January 2013 - 01:52 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

There are two guys over at the Kerzenburg that have reported an error like this ( I can reproduce the error):

Spoiler

If I run win32\x86\oggdec.exe on language\german\ogg\bang.ogg, the file gets decompressed and %errorlevel% is 0.
English install works fine.

Sorry that I'm not familar with WeiDU but from reading the code, but I guess that it may be using a wrong path when changing to the oggs in the translation-folder. Please tell me if I can help somehow.

There was an issue with the path; does this .tp2 work [OBSOLETE-don't use unless you know why you're doing it]? Attached File  setup-dsotsc.tp2   120.75K   2170 downloads
If it does, I'll re-upload the package soon, but in the meantime you can link to/distribute it as a temporary fix, until I have re-uploaded it.

PS: thanks for looking for and posting the relevant snippet; please also post the whole .debug file, they can sometimes contain useful information elsewhere

Edited by Turambar, 04 January 2013 - 01:51 AM.
new version released

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

That did the trick. Thanks for your fast response. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Fix has been incorporated into v217. Closing and declaring FIXED.

I encourage to withdraw, and remove links to, the fix I provided and to encourage the use of the most recent version instead.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg