Photo

BG character drawings from a noob

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Silvv

Silvv
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hello there! BG series have been my favourite games, and I also enjoy drawing anime-style (but not totally anime-ish, I hope!) from time to time. Please bear in mind that English is not my native language, and I have no training in arts or drawing, no, none. Just like to do free-style stuff for fun in my free time. :)

My technique is very crude, (I can never emphasize this enough!) I draw with paper&pencil and then take a photo of it, upload to PC and use GIMP program to add contrast and colors and effect and the like, to make it look much more lively.

I especially like drawing my own PCs, this helps me to picture them in my mind more vividly.

This is a swashbuckler character of mine, yes he is supposed to have 18 CHA so I tried to make him attractive :) Studded leather armor, dagger&buckler. I LOVE bucklers, they are so easy to draw when compared to other bigger uglier shields. and they are cute too!

Posted Image

This is another PC of mine, a naive, neutral good wild mage with his pseudo-dragon familiar.

Posted Image

My all-time favourite NPC, Imoen! As a thief at the very beginning of BG

Posted Image

Okay, some battle scenes. Here, two characters vs a ghost mage. Note the casting glows, I think you can know the spell schools the mages casting. I need to work on anatomy of my swashbuckler, but I am at a loss at how. :D Used GIMP for color and effects:

Posted Image

Immy backstabbing a vampiric wolf with her shortsword+2. Yep, that brutes are very dangerous back in BG. The wolf was supposed to be more monstrous than animalistic, so..I don't know how it came out.

Posted Image

Here is my swashbuckler, current level 8, with some rather very good magical equipment. Armor of the Deep Night+5, Ioun stone of Alertness, Gauntles of Ogre Power, and Dagger of Defiance+1. (some are mod items, obviously)

Posted Image

I look forward to any comments and tips. I have enjoyed other people's artistic endevaours here, so far everybody seems talented and friendly to boot! :)