45 replies to this topic

#21 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

And another.

Just to clarify: if you've already played through Valerie's BG1 friendship, you won't miss anything new in BG2. If you've never played Valerie's BG1 friendship, then there will be things she talks about in BG1 that she doesn't in BG2.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#22 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

And another. We'll see if I can keep up this pace once I get this easy stuff done.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#23 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just one more conversion left now.

#24 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Alternate track for those meeting Valerie for the first time in BG2 now complete.

#25 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

BG1 News: I have gotten in touch with Berelinde, and am now working with her for crossmod content between Valerie and Gavin for BG1.

#26 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

A combination of real life factors kept me away from working on Valerie for a while, but Valerie's banters with Valygar and Mazzy are now complete. Yes, there is a reason why Valerie and Valygar don't attack each other.

#27 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Valerie's BG2 friendship arc is now complete.

Extra romance info: while it's possible to trigger at least one floating romantic dialogue before the romance arc proper starts, the romance arc only begins after you finish the friendship. Triggering the romance is easy enough: taking the romantic dialogue in the final friendtalk (which is pretty obvious when it happens - both that it's the end of the friendship and the romantic dialogue) will do it, or if you've flirted with Valerie previously, including the romantic ending to her BG1 friendship. Player-initiated flirts can also do it. 

#28 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Delay due to the comprehensive final to graduate this semester being in February of all times, but that's now done with.

BGEE Update: Banters with Neera written and coded. Unsurprisingly, they really don't like each other. Don't be surprised if push comes to shove should BG2: EE ever happen...

#29 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Dorn banters written and coded.

#30 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Rasaad banters written and coded. Next BG1 update should include the content with the BGEE-specific characters.

#31 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

On the fourth attempt now at the start of Valerie's romance. For the moment, here's the general tone:

BT2ValR1Truth

~Then I'll stop dancing. <CHARNAME>, I know you're a Child of Bhaal. The Cowled Wizards put the pieces together after you killed Sarevok. I know it's your nature to bring death to everyone around you, and I am afraid of that. I am afraid of what you are. But I am not afraid of who you are. Child of Bhaal or no, you are a good woman, and I adore you. Maybe more than that. I don't know. Where that leaves us is up to you.~

#32 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Unfortunately, I have to make it official: wild mages cannot complete Valerie's romance.

#33 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

General update:

Lovetalk 12, the beginning of the romance arc, is complete.

Elves, dwarves, and wild mages cannot complete the romance.

A later lovetalk will, for clerics, paladins, and druids, involve asking what deity Charname serves (druids have an option to not follow any specific nature deity). For the first two, as planned, options will include all deities within one step of Charname's alignment as per 3.5E rules. Chaotic Good clerics who serve Garagos, and neutral clerics or druids who serve evil deities, will force the romance to end. Depending on dialogue options picked, clerics or paladins who serve Helm, Tempus, Hoar, Siamorphe, Leira, or Finder Wyvernspur may end the romance.

This stems from a major romance talk where Valerie discusses the future with Charname, and their respective plans and dreams.

In addition, I'm giving advance notice: if/when BG2EE releases, unless Neera's character undergoes significant changes, expect Valerie and Neera to eventually attack each other.

Edited by Tempest, 16 March 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#34 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Sorry for the unannounced delay. Combination of real life and picking up The Secret World. In any event, lovetalk 13 written and coded.

#35 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Update: Valerie's banters are finished.

#36 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Lovetalk 14 written and coded. Those adverse to a mod winking at the camera should not take the dialogue path that begins with the PC line "Cheer up. The love interest is a time-honored role in myth and legend."

#37 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm sorry for the long delay, but the past month or so has been a whirlwind of real life stuff. Getting a job, getting an apartment and moving, finding out that Comcast's extremely poor reputation for customer service is no exaggeration, etc. I cannot predict when the next update of substance will be.

#38 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm sorry for the extremely long delay in updates, but life has been consuming in general, particularly adjusting to moving and starting my first full-time job. As it is, I've been re-evaluating Valerie's planned character arc for SoA and ToB, particularly her romance, over the last couple of days, and I think I've come to some conclusions now.

The big unanswered question about Valerie's past - about her nature, really - has tentatively been moved to Throne of Bhaal, specifically her wraith encounter. Valerie's reconciliation with her family will not take place in SoA, and indeed may not happen at all. Forgiving others and letting old wounds fade are things Valerie has a difficult time with.

#39 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

The lovetalk specifically for PCs who are clerics, druids, or paladins has been scrapped. It was turning into a serious minefield for the romance and was looking to be an enormous amount of work for very little gain.

I am beginning work on Valerie's class-specific lovetalk again. She's asking Charname about plans for the future, so having a stronghold by this point will open up additional dialogue options.

#40 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

After a long hiatus, I'm happy to report that I'm finally working on Valerie again. As a preview, here's one possible path through one of the lovetalks I'm working on:

Valerie: ~Ha ha... hahaha. Oh, the irony.~

<CHARNAME>: ~Uh, I wasn't *that* bad, was I?~

Valerie: ~What? Oh, no. It just occurred to me. There are archmages who have spent their entire lives trying to do what amorous youth have been doing since time immemorial.~

<CHARNAME>: ~I really can't tell if you're making a joke or if your brain goes in weird directions the morning after. Weird even by your standards.~

Valerie: ~Oh, it's definitely the latter. There are many and varied reasons why tantric magic isn't a serious academic discipline, but the fact remains that sex has the power to create a living being with a soul. A soul, <CHARNAME>. Theological debates aside, I can't help but wonder at that fact.~

<CHARNAME>: ~You are without a doubt the strangest woman I have ever met.~

Valerie: ~As the Heartwarders say, to thine own self be true.~

Edited by Tempest, 07 May 2014 - 06:03 AM.