• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#41 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Completed major revisions to many of Valerie's banters now that I'm looking at them with fresh eyes. Also strongly reconsidering my original plan of Valerie potentially leaving the Cowled Wizards after Spellhold - it feels more true to her character to see the Wizards' abuses of powers there as an urgent need for reform within the organization rather than an indictment damning enough for her to leave them entirely, which helps no one and solves nothing.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#42 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Lovetalk 15 written and coded. Four more to go as currently planned. 

Also, confirmed I am scaling back Valerie's planned quest. I decided that it adds very little beyond one particular revelation that I am moving to Throne of Bhaal.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#43 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

After a very, very long hiatus due to personal issues, I am officially working on Valerie again. However, there has been an important change:

Valerie's planned romance has been scrapped.

In ToB there may be an opportunity to talk her into seeing where things go after the games are over.

Been rewriting several of Valerie's lovetalks and banters today to account for her romance being scrapped.

In addition, I have Valerie's .cha file tentatively done.

Starting weapon proficiencies:

Staff: +

Sling: +

Level 1 spells: Magic Missile, Identify, Sleep, Protection From Evil, Shield

Level 2 spells: Acid Arrow, Mirror Image, Glitterdust

Level 3 spells: Lightning Bolt, Dispel Magic

Yes, there will be a chance in PID for the player to accuse Valerie's spell selection of having changed between games.

#44 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

The current state of things: Valerie's existing dialogues have all been modified to remove her romance. The friendship track now that that is taken care of consists of 7 dialogues if you befriended her in BG1, and 11 if you're meeting her for the first time. My aim is 16 or so for the new track, so there is plenty left to do.

Some player-initiated dialogue has also been written and coded. Current things you can ask her about:

* What she knows about Spellhold (prior to going there)

*Why she remains with the Cowled Wizards (in chapters 6 and 7, if you brought her to Spellhold)

* If you befriended her in BG1, why her spell selection is probably different now. :P

* If you met the requirements to kiss her at the end of the BG1 friendship, why she's much more reserved now.

If any other things to ask her jump out at you, feel free to suggest it in the state of the mod thread. 

#45 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

New lovetalk written and coded, for both tracks of the friendship.

#46 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

Reposting general progress after the server reset:

Valerie is fully written and partially coded. A certain other member of the modding community has graciously agreed to finish Valerie's coding and that is all that remains before beta testing.