What's the difference between CtB 1.9 and 1.13?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -TheFreeOne-

-TheFreeOne-

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

The version numbers aren't supposed to increase in a linear way? The 1.9 topics are older than the 1.13, and both seem to be actual... The whole mod thing is already hugely confusing, even in a well-organized site like this, but spending hard times I seem to be slowly understanding the way things are. But this time I really don't know what to think.. It seems there are two kinds of CtB versions, maybe one has different features from the other.

The important thing that matters to me is to clarify it in the Downloads section of SHS. I totally understand the difficult of having a clear forum, due to the continue changes, but the Download section it's better to have it clear.

Thanks for listening, and HUGE thanks for all this HUGE work.

#2 -max-

-max-

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hoppy has done some bugfixes and added translations to the newer versions, but there is no "new" content. It does work nicely though (the Rolf Sureblade Soubar quest for example).

#3 -TheFreeOne-

-TheFreeOne-

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes, but which is the newer version? Why back in 2007 were released 1.8 and 1.9 and now in 2012 we have 1.13 as last version? What's the difference between 1.9 and 1.13? Are they the same thing, or they are different mods that should be both downloaded?

#4 -max-

-max-

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I used the 1.13 as it looks to be the newer one. I don't know why they are numbered like that, guess it goes v1.9, 10, 11 etc. instead of version 2.0. Also its listed as the most current on the BWP linklist.

There are two others included CTB chores , and CTB chores FastForward.

#5 -TheFreeOne-

-TheFreeOne-

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

I stood still, staring the monitor as the craving inside the archive of 1.13 led me to the Version History text file, where it was written that version 1.9 changed into 1.10, messing up all the counting....

(anyway, problem solved)