Photo

When does Yvette become real?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm still at the early stages of my game - building up my party. I like to build up the relationship between my character and the rest of the party, and I like to build my parties strategies and equipment around the unique combination of strengths and weaknesses of each different group. This means I don't like to do too much with party members who are only temporary (helping me survive until I can pick up all my party members.)

This means I'd like to make Yvette an active party member as soon as possible. I was a bit confused by your walkthrough ... do you mean Yvette won't become a real person instead of a scroll until I get to Spellhold?

btw I'm enjoying my chats with the parchment.

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

She will become real quite soon. In Spellhold she has her personal quest. However, she will become real only if you romance her (so if you are a male character). She's just a romance character and romance is the only reason why she would stay in your party. I won't tell you why, because that would be a huge spoiler.
But as I said - to have her in party you need to be a male character and romance her.

#3 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

My hunky male ranger has every intention of romancing her. In fact I'm bringing along Jaheira and aerie just to watch the sparks fly between the three of them!

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

So talk to the scroll (that sounds strange :P ) - after like... 4 talks? Or something like that, she will become real. There won't be great conflicts, though. Jaheira should complain that you are wasting time talking to "this thing" and Aerie will talk to you to find out what are your feelings toward Yvette. I must say that Aerie and Yvette like eachother.
However - I won't tell you more details :P Find everything out on your own :P I hope you will find the mod interesting :)

#5 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I've talked to the scroll at least four times ... she hasn't responded for ages now. I't been well over a week since I first got the scroll - and no sign of Yvette in the flesh :(

Here's the relevant global variables ...

YVETTECHANGE 2
YVETTEDRAWINGREST 339445
YVETTEMATCH 1
YVETTEROMANCEACTIVE 1
YVETTEROMANCETALK 1
YVETTESTORYTOLD 2

#6 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

What was you last talk about? You should just rest while being in a safe place. She should appear then.

EDIT:

You've got some kind of random bug. Try using this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("YvetteChange","GLOBAL",1)

And then rest. Check if she appears after "you wake up".

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 10 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#7 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

The fix worked no problems. Well not a problem but a quirk. She turned up as expected in the Copper Coronet. I discovered a few days of gaming later she'd also turned up in the Inn of the Seven Veils. I don't think I missed her earlier beacause no way could I have missed that spectacular, glow-in-the-dark quarter staff of hers ;)

#8 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Great :) I think she appeared before, but something stopped the script from starting the dialogue. However, I hope you'll enjoy the character. May you just let me know if you're using dialogues with or without action text? And if you're using cleric/thief or pure cleric.

#9 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sorry to take so long to reply. I'm using the cleric/thief mode. I can't remember what I chose for action text, and I'm not sure how to find out.

I've got another query - is it possible to use actual arrows in Yvette's bow? It would be really useful for her to get the THACO and Damage bonus's that an arrow can give.

And yes ... I'm having LOADS of fun :)

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sorry, but I can't fix that :( Arrows are unuseable by clerics and cleric/thieves :( I know it's a pain in the %&@...

#11 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've got another query - is it possible to use actual arrows in Yvette's bow? It would be really useful for her to get the THACO and Damage bonus's that an arrow can give.

If you're up for it, here's a fix:

- Put the arrows you want to use in your inventory. Save your game and exit.

- Open the game in ShadowKeeper and click your inventory. Double-click the arrow and click "Extract Item." Copy the item code.

- Open NearInfinity and locate the item code under "ITM."

- Click the "Edit" tab. Under each instance of "Unusable By" (there are multiple), click "Select None."

- Exit NearInfinity and save the changes when you are prompted.

- Go back to the game. Yvette can now use arrows! (Of course, so can every other character, but since arrows are only useful for characters who can use bows, it shouldn't make a difference in your game.)

#12 snarfies

snarfies
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm having a similar problem - No Yvette in the flesh yet.

YVETTECHANGE 1
YVETTEDRAWINGREST 60332
YVETTERJAHEIRACONFLIC 1
YVETTEMATCH 1
YVETTEROMANCEACTIVE 1
YVETTEROMANCETALK 5
YVETTESTORYTOLD 2

#13 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Tried resting?

#14 snarfies

snarfies
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Tried resting?

Oh yes, quite a few times, in different inns.

Do I need to sleep outside or something?

#15 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Try resting outside... hmm... it's strange because as you can see, all conditions are met:

IF
Global("YvetteMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("YvetteChange","GLOBAL",1)
Global("YvetteRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
PartyRested()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DestroyItem("YxDraw")
SetGlobal("YvetteChange","GLOBAL",2)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("YxYve1",Player1,[30.30])
ActionOverride("YxYve",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
Continue()
END

If it doesn't work, change the variable to 2 on your own and summon the cre using console.

#16 snarfies

snarfies
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

(NOTE: I am drunk, please ignore spelling/punctuation errors)

So, an interesting/odd development: Jaheira went to the Harpers, so I picked up Valygar to do the Planar Spehere. I slept to memorize spells before the battle with Lavok, and 1) Yvette finally decided to make an appearance, and 2) Jaheira decided it would be a fine time to return to the party. So, that's pretty weird. I assume something in my Big World install is messing with what constitutes a safe area, or something? Because I can't get Jaheira to return or Yvette to show up anywhere else so far.

#17 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

That's really strange... I am unable to tell you why such a thing happened... that may be Big World's issue. Actually, I am against mega-intstallations. One get nothing but million bugs...
And I hope you had a nice night and that it wasn't because of Jaheira and Yvette why you got drunk :P

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

@snarfles: Yeah it looks like a BWP issue :P You might wanna start a thread in this forum and grab NearInfinity from here and put it into your BGII folder if you wanna hopefully fix it and help debug it :)

Also start by posting your WeiDU.log (its a file in your BGII folder) in the thread you open. And wow, you type normal when drunk :lol:

Actually, I am against mega-intstallations. One get nothing but million bugs...

Oh come now Lava man :D Hopefully we will find the offending mod and do bad things to it :devil:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#19 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Oh my dear Lol :P It must be a trauma I got after playing TDD with some other mods like SoS, TS, a LOT of some NPCs, forgotten mini-mods like EMAD (actually EMAD was quite entertaining).... My charname could visit almost every part of Faerun including recycled areas :P Sorry, that kind of stuff is not for me :P

I hope you'll find a way to fix it, though :)

#20 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

For the record, I had the same problem as snarfies, but thanks to your CLUA's, I was able to fix it.
Thanks for the help.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.