Photo

Haer'Dalis keeps talking if I'm not interested

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

So, I started a game with Haer'Dalis romance installed, but at the last minute decided I didn't want to romance Haer'Dalis, so I told him I wasn't interested. Then I changed the variables in Shadowkeeper to start the Haer'Dalis/Aerie romance. However, Haer'Dalis still went through his romance dialogues with me; the only difference is he didn't try to sleep with me. Is this a feature or a bug? By which I mean, the lovetalks still make sense from a flirtatiously platonic perspective (Aerie not reacting to that makes not so much sense, but I can't complain that the romance didn't account for cheating), so is he still supposed to go through them if I tell him I'm not interested in romance?

#2 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

It depends on how you tell him you aren't interested. If you tell him to back off or mind his own business in one of the lovetalks, he will almost never take that seriously because he's intrigued by the challenge and enjoys being a bit of a pest. Only if his ego is bruised badly enough will he decide he's not interested in poking for more information, and that's pretty hard to do. If you tell him you're not interested through the PID menu ("we need to talk" -> "let's just be friends") that will stall out the romance and he should shut up. ^_^ If he doesn't, please let me know because that'd definitely be an error and not a feature.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#3 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

I used the PID menu almost as soon as I picked him up, and I'm almost positive I checked that it had succeeded and the Romance Active variable was set to 3.

#4 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Okay, I'll take a look at it in the morning and see what I missed. Thanks for letting me know!

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship