n00b looking for help with BGT: GOG install, high resolution, portrait

BGT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 riflepoet

riflepoet
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Dear all, I jsut made the discovery of a lifetime with BGT. Forums seem active still! So is there a guide for noobs anywhere? I'm having a few issues with the install:

Got the game from GOG.

Installed to I:\BG1 and :I\BG2 respectively.
Put \BGT114-Install\SETUP-BGT.exe into BG2 folder.
Ran it, it found BG1, installed. I said yes on "biffing" what does that do anyway?
Started game. Here is where the problems began.
First, I selected as 1600:1200 as resolution in config. This scrambled my intro screen to the point where some of the screen was very pixelated and some was high resolution. I could still guess where the buttons were, so I proceeded into the intro movie.
Movie was VERY small screen.
Got to the game. All in game portraits, icons, text are super pixelated, yet the main screen looks great. The art is awesome. The spell effects seem high res too.
I played with some resolutions and in general the effect is the same: it scrambles some of the screens and text, icons and portraits are low res.
I have no other mods installed.

My goal is:

Have the high resolution BGT experience
Add some high res fonts, some custom portraits and high
Add the Drizzt Saga

What is the best way to go about this?

#2 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

In BG2, resolutions beyond 1024x768 do not work properly and will crash or generate major graphic issues.
Besides, beyond 1024x768, all screens apart from the main area view where you move your characters (such as inventory, map, spellbook, ...) are just expanded version of the lower resolution screen : 1600x1200 is just 800x600 with each pixel zoomed.

If you want to play with higher resolution, you can use the Widescreen mod. The inventory screen and other similar screens will be 1024x768 centered with black borders, but at least you'll get proper pixels, not a zoomed image.

You'll find various "bigger fonts" mods in this area. Check the pinned topic for a list of mods.

Have fun.

#3 riflepoet

riflepoet
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

cOOL, THANKS, i FIGURED AS MUCH...