small install for BG2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -rossbach451-

-rossbach451-

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Howdy,

Installed clean, added Tortured Souls, then followed the order for Weidu mods for BG2 found in the Big Picture guide. Now I encounter this error:

"An Assertion failed in InfScreenInventory.cpp at line number 9909."

Error hits mostly with items attached to the TS mod (everything Sime has, Kachiko's swords), but it did occur with the amulet Aran gives you at your first meeting.

Anyone encounter this?

I have just discovered this board, so I will also keep looking, but could use any help out there!

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

You're probably using an older version of TS. Where did you get it from? Copy/paste the link here.

"The Big Picture guide" has been replaced by several installation methods; so it's best not to use it unless you using that old BP guide purely as an academic/research exercise. I won't overwhelm you with the descriptions of other methods, as it all depends on which version of TS you wish to use.

If all you want is to use a clean install, TS and no other mods-- go to the The Dragon's Hoard on The Black Wyrm's Lair, download TS mod, and the installation instructions should be in there.

If you want to put more mods on your install, come back and tell us which ones, and believe-me, you'll get more advice than you'll know what to do with. :o

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 -rossbach451-

-rossbach451-

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks! I just wanted TS, plus many of the Weidu mods (mostly NPCs and ease of use stuff). I used TS 6.10. I am trying one more thing, then I will go with a clean install and post the mods I am looking at. Thanks!

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

You should not have started a new thread, could have put your comments in here. (thank goodness at least you posted in the proper forum!)

Anyway...follow the installation order in the BiG World PDF (assuming English is your mother tongue--there are other language versions available).

You can install the mods yourself manually, just use the guide as a, well, guide, to determine in which order the mods should go.

#5 -rossbach451-

-rossbach451-

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

OK, I used the wrong terminology. I used the BiG World PDF when I tried installing, and got the above error. Was TS 6.10 the issue? Should I get a later version, even though that guide says to use it? Also, is there a problem with Weimer's Ease of Use, as I don't believe it is in the guide.

I thought the guide was based on using the BiG world installer, which in this case I won't be doing.

#6 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

I think Ease-of-use is a bit outdated and various "tweaks" mods contain the same features or variants.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc