Photo

BGT game crashes when trying to enter AR5201 (Yaga Shura's Lair)

crash Assertion Failed CTiledObject.cpp line number 179 Tiled Object Resref not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nulspace

nulspace
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi,

As the title states, the game crashes when I try to enter Yaga-Shura's lair from the Marching Mountains. I believe Yaga-Shura's lair is Area Code 5201.

The error code I receive is as follows:

An Assertion failed in CTiledObject.cpp at line number 179
Programmer says: Tiled object resref not found

I've cleared my cache, temp and tempsave directories with no change to the behaviour.

The baldur.err file is available here: https://dl.dropbox.c...4890/Baldur.err

Any insight into this error would be greatly appreciated, I've played all the way through BG1/TotSC/SoA without any problems thus far.

Cheers,

nul

#2 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

It sounds like both this and this.

Long story short: if you are using BGT 1.13, please upgrade to a later version, as it appears to screw up AR5201 as well as the BG1 wyrven cave. Also, Google before posting - I brought up the second link just by searching for "baldur's gate yaga-shura lair crash" on Google.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#3 nulspace

nulspace
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks William - apologies, I had googled it quickly, but it was pretty late last night and I must have missed it and/or googled the wrong thing.

I'll take any further questions to the most recent of those two threads - this one can be closed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, Assertion Failed, CTiledObject.cpp, line number 179, Tiled Object Resref not found