BG2 Fixpack not found.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Tom-

-Tom-

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

HI, I'm trying to use the big world project installer.

I had a patch check loop for BG1 (I'm using the GOG versions) so I edited the install file as detailed in the bottom of this thread - http://www.shsforums...taller-problem/, which has solved that.

Now I am getting told that:

The minimum requirements are not met
The listed mods do not exist in your BGII - SoA directory.

BG2 Fixpack

The file is there, I have tried downloading it again from Gibberlings3 and a different site. I've tried renaming it (bg2fixpack-v9 is what it downloads as). How does the installer recognise which mods are there, purely by filename or something else?

Any help with this please?

Thanks

#2 -Tom-

-Tom-

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well I seem to have solved this by running the fixpack myself before starting the installer. Hopefully there are no problems with this?

Another thing I have noticed is a lot of the mods I have in my directory don't seem to be listed, things like Sword Coast Stratagems 1 + 2, dungeon be gone, do I have to run these myself before using the installer?

Thanks for any help.

#3 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

You need to extract them, what you have are just extractor executables. See also The FAQ for the megamod and BWP install guide
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#4 Neoatticus

Neoatticus
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. However, i tried installing the BG2 Fixpack v10 from Gibberlings 3. Now it says I am missing a required mod, but lists no mods at all and refuses to continue.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

There's at least 3 fixpacks... there's the BWP fixpack and then the G3 BG2 Fixpack, and the baldurdash... what you should do is to go back and when you have selected a compilation, push the "..." button in the quotes, so you can then select the mods and thus also know exactly what you need. And make customization your top priority,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Neoatticus

Neoatticus
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

There's at least 3 fixpacks... there's the BWP fixpack and then the G3 BG2 Fixpack, and the baldurdash... what you should do is to go back and when you have selected a compilation, push the "..." button in the quotes, so you can then select the mods and thus also know exactly what you need. And make customization your top priority,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the thing is, I'm using the Big World Install Pack using the .bat, and I can't even MAKE it to the compilation or mod selection. It requires the "BG2 Fixpack" as a mandatory mod to run the mod at all. the G3 Fixpack is the one that was linked in the instructions, though its an exe. I can try all 3 and see if this fixes it, but idk... oh and what is the BWP fixpack...i don't remember that one...

Edited by Neoatticus, 21 July 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#7 Neoatticus

Neoatticus
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Unless of course bwp means the Big World Project Fixpack...which I can't install by itself.

#8 Neoatticus

Neoatticus
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Ok, Tried the Baldurdash and G3 Fixpacks...still get the error. And the BWP fixpack won't install. So....yeah. idk what to do from here.

#9 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

So....yeah. idk what to do from here.
Use BWS ?