Questions? o.O

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Dancing Cat Wombat Person-

-Dancing Cat Wombat Person-

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:58 PM

Just wondering what version Tashia is up to? Trying to sort though everything on the main page just leads to confusion, but it seems a lot of work is being done ^_^ Is there any sort of homepage where we can get the latest news on Tashia without needing to come to the forum?

That is all.

#2 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:36 AM

As far as I know this http://tashia.spellholdstudios.net/ is the latest 2.05e, there are plans to update this but, unfortunately I suspect peeps are losing interest in this mod as not many frequent this forum anymore.

#3 -Dancing Cat Wombat Person-

-Dancing Cat Wombat Person-

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:41 AM

So, does the 2.05e version incorperate the ideas currently on the forum? If not, is it ever going to? I had Tashia a long time back, it was fun using her, but once i got to ToB it was kind of blah. Is she going to be extended that far? o.O

#4 Darlatan

Darlatan
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:03 AM

I hope Tashia gets revamped. I beat BG2 and ToB and didn't think to look for mods (and I think I'd beaten it before Tashia anyways). And BG2 has sat on my CD shelves for awhile. (*sob*, just realized it's been 2 years since ToB, and almost 3 full years since BG2's release. OMG, time flies!) I reinstalled it a few weeks ago and found the Tashia mod, and LOVE her. I always played with a PC-made elven sorceress as a second character to complement my elven ranger, and always found it to be a shame that that was a space that couldn't be used for more dialog and NPC interactions.

I have quite a collection of IE editors, and do a little tweaking here and there (and fixes where necessary). After constructing some dialogs and scripting them in, I can say this definately takes a lot of work, and is a work of love and dedication. I "think" Tashia is still being worked, just not being posted about. The proposed revamp I have seen discussion of here could easily take a 5-person team several months, IMO.

I would take up the reins of revamping this mod if work has stopped, but I could spend WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much time fixing it, and it'd be a neverending task of improvement (to me), I'd never release it. There's some saying about release deadlines being the only thing that lets software get released. :)

#5 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:15 AM

So, does the 2.05e version incorperate the ideas currently on the forum? If not, is it ever going to? I had Tashia a long time back, it was fun using her, but once i got to ToB it was kind of blah. Is she going to be extended that far? o.O

No this mod has not been updated for sometime. All the changes are planed for the next update. Havent seen any timetable for an update so it could be a long time.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:23 AM

We're still here, even if we lurk more than post nowadays. :P The plan to revamp Tashia is still alive; I'm currently working on Delainy as well so I'm splitting time between the projects. Hang in there!

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:30 AM

Yes the plans to revamp her are still on. For the most part, the proposed changes are written up, and just need to be edited (one last section to go), and then programmed in.

I don't know what happened to Maus, probably busy in real life, but they will be implemented. However, there was no given timetable because we don't know when it will be finished, and its better not to give a specific date than to give a day, and then miss it.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#8 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

We're still here, even if we lurk more than post nowadays. :P The plan to revamp Tashia is still alive; I'm currently working on Delainy as well so I'm splitting time between the projects. Hang in there!

Heh, I'm falling back into old habits as of late: I've been lurking around without posting for the last few weeks. In fact, this is the first time in weeks I've even visited here. With my apathy growing for BGII I haven't seen much of a need.

Uh oh, flash flood warning here, as well as a torny watch. I'm gonna die, I think.

Uriel