Photo

Missing BIF Files.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

6 hours Ive been trying to install this so Im a little frustraited right now.

Ive installed BP before on my old computer. I have the 3 disk version of Original Saga (BG1 and ToSC), 4 Disk Version of BG2, 1 Disk Version of ToB.

I bought a new computer, still using XP. I been trying to install and I keep getting "missing BIF files" like 50 of them.

So I searched.

I found many posts stating same problems. Instead of links, the answers posted simply state to download "BG Missing Files".

So I google it.....I find a German Version...download it...and its filled with Wav. files.

So I search again, and again, and again.........finally I find someone who posted the exact same problem and he lists all the bif. files that I am missing.......but none of the people who responded even ackknowledge his problem.

The Solution I find is to go on the CD and copy/paste the files from "data" folder. Wow how easy....well none of the files in the Data Folder are bif. they are cbf. files......which an hour later I find out are actaully compressed bif. files.

So of course, it cant be as simple as simply re-naming them. I have to use this tool to extract them from cfb to bif. However the tool doesnt come with instructions for a simpleton like myself and assumes anyone using this tool to already understand everything about it.......

Seriously??????

Am I missing something? Is this really that hard to instal BP?

It cant be, I hooked up my other old computer and yep....its running fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Isnt there a simple download in English for all these bif. files?

I also had the brillant idea of re-naming my BG folders and trying to install a new BG game in a different fold in hopes I could just simply copy and paste them.....seeing from what I read it is the ToSC patch that earases these files. So I figured with a new install and not adding the patch I could find all these bif. files in the data folder. However even with the flies renamed I have no option to install when the flash screen comes up...only a uninstall option.

Some help please, before I shoot myself would be great. Thank you.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

I believe you have to do a custom, full install of BG1, not the generic default which does not copy the biffs. Also you need to make sure your baldur.ini filepaths are correct.

Someone should move this to megamodding or IE general help - I don't think it has anything to do with BP.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle