Photo

BG2 dragon?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lemernis

Lemernis
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

It's been ages since I played this mod. I'll eventually want to play it again with BG:EE.

I haven't played the game in over 4 years. Apologies that my memory is a now pretty hazy for some of this stuff...

Question: Was the original mod's 'dragon', i.e., wyvern, ever replaced with a BG2 dragon? I see that from the readme that BGT is required, so I'd assume that the BG2 creature palette is used.

#2 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

It's now a green dragon :)
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#3 Lemernis

Lemernis
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

That's awesome, thanks! :new_thumbs:

I recall that the fight was darned tough with the original wyvern. With a BG2 dragon (and especially with SCS/SCS II installed) I'd imagine that fight is hard core, given the party's level. On a scale of 1 to 10 for BG1 battle difficulty, about where would you rate it?

Also, is there an option to avoid the fight if it proves too tough?

Edited by Lemernis, 11 August 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#4 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I suppose the scripting is the same or a bit enhanced since you last played it. It just uses a green dragon animation now. It's not affected by SCS scripting as far as I can know.

I wouldn't rate him very hard, more like average with some buffs and magic resistance. It's a matter of surviving the initial breath/buffet and bash him hard enough. I don't think it can be skipped if you want to continue with DS quests but some of the added npc can one-shot him with cheesy items/kits
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#5 Lemernis

Lemernis
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Thanks. Do you think that if it was replaced with a BG2 green dragon (i.e., the creature file) that the fight would be winnable for a party around, say, level 7?