Regarding fine/masterwork weapons

scs scs ii item revisions fine masterwork

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Indral

Indral
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'm planning a custom tactic-based BWP installation, and I'm going thoroughly through mods and components.

I understand there are 3 components that convert +1 magical weapons to fine/masterwork weapons:
  • Item Revisions component 1 which converts to masterwork weapons, meaning no +1 damage bonus and non-magical weapon
  • SCS component 2010 (2011) which converts to fine, meaning no +1 initiative and non-magical, plus immune to iron-crisis (for 2011)
  • SCSII component 3050 which does the same as SCS component, except weapons are not immune to iron crisis (per SCS documentation)
Now, what bothers me is that both in the BWP install guide, and in the latest install.bat, BOTH the item_rev and scsii components are being installed.
Does that result in fine or masterwork weapons? (damage or init bonus) Are they iron-crisis-immune?

I'd like my weapons to retain the damage bonus AND be immune to iron crisis. What components should I install then?

#2 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Well, the weapons I found so far are masterwork, with the damage bonus, and so far none of them broke, and I am level 5 almost with all my characters.

#3 Indral

Indral
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Well, the weapons I found so far are masterwork, with the damage bonus, and so far none of them broke, and I am level 5 almost with all my characters.

Thanks for the info! You had the default installation? (item_rev + scsii)

#4 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

I have the recommended install, that indeed contains item rev + scs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scs, scs ii, item revisions, fine, masterwork