Which quest is this? How do I kill him?

• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

#1 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi!

Iīve just installed the BWP after 1,5 years since last time I played and now I bought a new computer so now itīs much more fun to play, but now to my questions.

My characters moves very slowly, how do I change that?

Whats the code for CLUAConsole and in which document do I write it?

/Z

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

CLUA in some Boots of Speed ^_^ There's no known way to CLUA change your movement speed unfortunately...

1) Select one of your characters and open the console in-game (Ctrl + Space)
2) Type CLUAConsole:CreateItem("boot01",6)
3) Hit Enter - you should have 6 boots in the character's inventory now
4) Equip boots and have a little race or something (sucks if you're a Wizard Slayer though :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

For CLUAConsole see HERE

#4 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

CLUA in some Boots of Speed ^_^ There's no known way to CLUA change your movement speed unfortunately...

1) Select one of your characters and open the console in-game (Ctrl + Space)
2) Type CLUAConsole:CreateItem("boot01",6)
3) Hit Enter - you should have 6 boots in the character's inventory now
4) Equip boots and have a little race or something (sucks if you're a Wizard Slayer though :P)

I know but there is some settings to change to to make speed better,, long time ago some of the admins told me to put it all to 100 but I dont remember which one it was.

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

You can change the frame rate and speed using The Baldur's Gate Config program. You can find it at Programs/Black Isle/Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate Config. It automatically works with all BG games. You find the frame rate in Gameplay/Miscellaneous and speed in Gameplay/Speed Adjustment.

Tom

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Looks like I had a major case of reading comprehension fail :D Didn't realize they were separate questions sorry :P

RE: Speed
Check your baldur.ini for
Maximum Frame Rate=30 (default)
change that to something higher for speediness :lol:

RE: CLUA
Exhaustive link :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Lollorian; I have done that now so will se next time I play (going to work soon). But I got the advice to change Low mem Sounds till 2-1 instead of 2-0 and that worked for the speed..:D

My team so far: Me (warrior), Minsc, Worgas, Wulfgar, Jaheira and Imoen. Thinking of changing Minsch to Yasraena later in the dungeon and I also like Chloe so maybe will change Worgas for her.

Last time I played I had me (warrior), Wulfgar, Drizzt, Arie, Kivan and Adario Kalvaras.

Need one mage and a healer (Arie), one to pick locks (Kalvaras) and the rest will kill..;)

#8 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hello!

For the first time since 2009 I´ve succeded doing an installation of CtB and now when playing I noticed that some of the characters in Waukeens Promenade is missing, ex: The woman in Adventurers Markt that sell scrolls, a man near Selence Hillstar that sells nice armor weapons and stuff, Mystigan the merchant and a few more.

Someone said he thought it was "Item revision" that somehow maybe deleted this characters but I have had it installed before and then they have been in the game.

Uploading my WeiDu log, maybe someone can find something strange there.

/Z

#9 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I met Valygar at his cabin in Umar Hills, he told me he coudnt stay at his cabin any longer and I could find him through his servant in the Docks district, I talked to him but he doesnt say so much, just tells me abous Suna Sin (or something) in the Copper Coronet but I met and talked to her long before I even talked to Valygars servant so I dont remember what she said and dont have any clues in my journal.

So where can I find Valygar this time? Its time for entering the sphere..

/Z

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

After talking to Hervo (if he didn't tell you about Umar Hills) go to Suna Seni at Copper Coronet.

Other way is to go 2nd floor of hervo's house. Take Corthala tax notice from container. Go to Government and to Council of Six Building. Then talk to Llarsh the Tax Collector.

Then Valygar is probably at his cabin at Umar Hills.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#11 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I have spoken to all of them and that was before I even went to Umar Hills, then I spoke to Valygar that told me he coudnt stay so he left and told me to ask his servant if I was in need of reaching him. But his servant doesnt tell me anymore than before.

Is there somewhere else Valygar could be or do you think he is back in his cabin again?

/Z

#12 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I have always visited Valygar's cabin during Planar Sphere quest not before.

Go to 2nd floor of Hervo's house and try that tax notice thing i posted earlier.

#13 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

I habe the tax notice thing, spoken to some civil workers at the Government district, spoken to Shai Shin (or something) in Copper Coronet, meet Valygar and said no for him to join, he then said he coudnt stay at his cabin and left and if I wanted to find him I had to go to ask his servant at the Docks. But the servant just have the same lines as first time I was in the house and found the tax something.

/Z

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Well that problem is beyond me, maybe it had something to do with Tortured Souls mod i don't know.

I haven't denied him to join so i don't know what happens then.

Hopely some expert modder can help you.

#15 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I had seen the same cutscene twice now, the one with the mayor of Soubar and when they are going to find a Bhaalspawn. I found the "letter of introduction" and "unidentifyed letter" at Copper Coronet and went to Umar Hills to meet up with them, they wasnt there so I continued with some other quests, then later on the same cutscene showed up again. So maybe the letters shows up in Copper Coronet again?

Is there any specifik point to meet them at the Inn in Umar Hills?

/Z

#16 tatterdemalion

tatterdemalion
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Er, even if you have talked to Suna Seni *before* talking to the servant in the Docks, you must talk to her *after* talking to the servant. She has new dialog options. Then Valygar will be back in his cabin again, that is, if this is the UB content.

#17 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

tatterdemalion: Where can I find Suna Seni now then? I dont find her in Copper Coronet..:(

#18 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Twice have some necromancers with skelletons attacked me (Randall) and now I want to know, where can I get the quest for Randall?

Im thinking of going to Brynnlaw to rescue Imoen and have her instead of Randall but first I want to do his quest. Anyone that can tell me where I can find some more?

/Z

#19 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have seen the cutscene with the mayor and I found the "letter of introduction" and "unidentifyed letter" in Copper Coronet and now Im at Umar Hills in but there is no one there to meet me. Is there any specific time to meet them or anything?

/Z

#20 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

You have to wait for third assassination attempt. After that quest continues.