Kit Doctor Needed for Hubelpot

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Still working on Hubelpot. Overall, things are going well, but there are a couple of things I cannot touch.

Looking at bug reports, I see both the added kits had problems.

1) No HLA for the village druid.
2) No HLA for the farmer (Nor do I have any idea what those would be)

Is anyone willing to take a look at the current Hubelpot & tweak the kits & send me the relevent bits to paste into the tp2 (I think that's what is needed; kits just *aren't* my cup of tea?

Thanks!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Change lines 431 & 666 in the TP2 to say ~Dr0~ instead of ~Dr2~ :P (assuming Hubelpot gets standard druid HLAs like all the other vanilla kits)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Looking at bug reports, I see both the added kits had problems.

1) No HLA for the village druid.
2) No HLA for the farmer (Nor do I have any idea what those would be)

Is anyone willing to take a look at the current Hubelpot & tweak the kits & send me the relevent bits to paste into the tp2 (I think that's what is needed; kits just *aren't* my cup of tea?

Well this is the portion of the code after the ADD_KIT:
// HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da
~Dr2~
// list of starting equipment for PCs starting in ToB. Appended column-wise to 25STWEAP.2da
That means that you get the default LUDR2 assigned as the Hublepots HLA tables in both kits... if you want something else you need to first copy the LU**.2da table to the override and then install the kits and then change the "Dr2" to be the "**" ... of course there's always the chance with kits that the table in usage get's overwritten by some mod trying to do it's stuff and your kits get the bad end of it, as the one in usage is a vanilla kits HLA table... and by the way that HLA table begins at level 15, not at lvl 14, which is probably the reason for the bug reports.

Darn Lollorian and his ninja action. :D

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 September 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Right. So looking at the Village Druid kit only, it would look like the attached?

Except, it sounds like I need to change something to change the level to the correct level 15. Which line and what? TP2 wizardry = not my thing!

Attached Files

• Attached File  kit.tp2   4.22K   261 downloads

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

You don't need to change levels when using ~Dr0~ :)

The table that Hubelpot used orginally (~Dr2~ which maps to LUDR2.2DA) is bugged and unusable because it doesn't have the last column (ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT) along with other little things like the values in the level columnsetc... the vanilla kits use Dr0 (mapping to LUDR0.2DA) which works properly right out of the box :cheers:

The TP2 you attached should work :P

Edited by Lollorian, 15 September 2012 - 01:44 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Thank you!

#7 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Oh. I just found this (see attached--it's a .2da file in the original, but SHS won't let me upload it in that format). Not sure where it fits in the scheme of things. It might be the missing table?

Also... the kit lists a lot of replacement spells that I cannot find in the sc#hub folders. Are those being taken care of here:
COPY_EXISTING ~SPPR109.spl~ ~override/SC#vd01.spl~
~SPPR308.spl~ ~override/SC#vd02.spl~
~SPPR411.spl~ ~override/SC#vd03.spl~
~SPPR514.spl~ ~override/SC#vd04.spl~
~SPPR602.spl~ ~override/SC#vd05.spl~
WRITE_SHORT 0x1C 4 // sets spell type to innate (4)
WRITE_LONG 0x34 1
READ_LONG 0x64 "offset_abil"
READ_SHORT 0x68 "num_abil"
READ_ASCII ("%offset_abil%" + 0x04) "bam" // reads the bam filename from ability
WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x3A "%bam%" // writes the bam filename from abilities to spell icon
WHILE (0 < "%num_abil%")
BEGIN
WRITE_SHORT (("%offset_abil%" + 0x02) + (("%num_abil%" - 1) * 0x28)) 4 // changes ability icon location to innate (4)
SET "num_abil" = ("%num_abil%" - 1)
END

Or... has no one been playing as Village Druid?

(And, I'm starting to think this should be in the "Help" forum, after all)

Attached Files

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

That's the CLAB-style 2DA copied in line 38 of the TP2 :) And yes, it handles those spells :P

#9 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Thank you. That's a major worry gone!

#10 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Except... It's not. Now I'm getting the error:

Cannot set column-wise because there are 23 lines in 25STWEAP.2da but I was only given 3 things to append.

Stopping installation because of error.

What on earth am I missing here?

Also, assuming I get that sorted out, I'm thinking the kit really should go near the beginning b/c otherwise the Fate Spirit doesn't know to ask about it (I'm getting an error there) so *before* the .d files, right?

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Will look at it if you or no one's fixed it... would like to have the full code though so I can try to reproduce (easier to debug). I don't know much about kits but appending tables is fairly easy to resolve.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

What on earth am I missing here?

You removed the * 's from the Throne of Bhall equipment table... you only have 3 items assigned, or one of the lines is not closed/ opened properly.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#13 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

And now it works! Thank you!

Haven't tested out his HLAs & I'm sort of assuming the rest works based on the fact no one has complained about anything else.

Anyway, it installs now, and if it is installed, he does show up as Village Druid.