Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#1 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Nightfarer, I'm calling you out :D

If you read this, I wonder if you could provide some details to how this project of yours go?

I figured It's better to have such info in it's own thread so that you don't have to post in the BWS thread all the time. Besides, it's also an excuse for me to keep bugging you about this :P Also, perhaps people can chip in their opinions here, helping you prioritize the translations, or simply making some kind of collaboration smoother.

Personally, I just finished a BG2-only BWP run, and now I'm sorely waiting for the translations to Ascalons Breagar, Questpack & Jarl's Adventure pack to play a BG1 run. I know you said they were done already and I can't wait for them to be implemented to be honest :)

#2 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi and hello.

Oh, then it's you the voice in my mind ! :ROFL:

Well, details are:

Ascalons Breagar done (a new release supporting both german and english expected end of the month)
Ascalons Questpack done (proofreading to be done)
Jarls BGT Adventure Pack done (I have done 0.5, while Xicloing proofread and he's doing missing tra files after 0.6.1)
Chiara 1.02mB 163 done (proofreading to be done)
Frennedan Mod 1.03 done (proofreading to be done)
Haendlermod v1.1 done (proofreading by Xicloing)
Larsha NPC done (proofreading to be done)
Skie ReDone v2 already supports english
Uldar NPC v0.77 done (proofreading to be done)

Avi Maya Project v6 to be done
Elvan to be done
Ervonyrah v1.3.1 to be done
Gloran v3 to be done
Huple NPC v1.2 to be done
Les exiles de Lunargent to be done
Lester NPC v0.8 to be done
Malthis v2 to be done
Severyan to be done
Shar-Teel mod v1.0b to be done
Thael NPC v2.32 to be done
Trovador REO v2.4a to be done
TS25MiniMod v2 s35 n86 to be done
Vendedor DLAN v6.1 to be done

I did take some time for house renovations and to repair a windows install :ermm:
However... as a service I could also provide specific music for each mod (all in all, it's my job) but, honestly, I can not do it for free. Thus I am hesitant to propose it. Let's say it could be an option for modders... but it is time consuming and I have to work as well (hopefully my new cds will be on-sale in some months). If I have to do it in my free time, it may take a very long time.

#3 Gertwenger

Gertwenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hi and hello.

Oh, then it's you the voice in my mind ! :ROFL:

Well, details are:

Ascalons Breagar done (a new release supporting both german and english expected end of the month)
Ascalons Questpack done (proofreading to be done)
Jarls BGT Adventure Pack done (I have done 0.5, while Xicloing proofread and he's doing missing tra files after 0.6.1)
Chiara 1.02mB 163 done (proofreading to be done)
Frennedan Mod 1.03 done (proofreading to be done)
Haendlermod v1.1 done (proofreading by Xicloing)
Larsha NPC done (proofreading to be done)
Skie ReDone v2 already supports english
Uldar NPC v0.77 done (proofreading to be done)

Avi Maya Project v6 to be done
Elvan to be done
Ervonyrah v1.3.1 to be done
Gloran v3 to be done
Huple NPC v1.2 to be done
Les exiles de Lunargent to be done
Lester NPC v0.8 to be done
Malthis v2 to be done
Severyan to be done
Shar-Teel mod v1.0b to be done
Thael NPC v2.32 to be done
Trovador REO v2.4a to be done
TS25MiniMod v2 s35 n86 to be done
Vendedor DLAN v6.1 to be done

I did take some time for house renovations and to repair a windows install :ermm:
However... as a service I could also provide specific music for each mod (all in all, it's my job) but, honestly, I can not do it for free. Thus I am hesitant to propose it. Let's say it could be an option for modders... but it is time consuming and I have to work as well (hopefully my new cds will be on-sale in some months). If I have to do it in my free time, it may take a very long time.

Hello, if you need any help proof reading, I'll be glad to offer my services. I've just finished translating Huple NPC... not been proof read, if you want I can post the .tra files... thanks for translating this stuff, I wanted to start a new run through of BWP, but I promised myself I'd only do it after all these mods have been translated, especially Severian:)

Mod Contributions:

In-Progress:

Breagar NPC, Devin NPC, Severian NPC, Macholy's Tweak Pack, Sovereign Quest Mod, Derat's Unused Kits.

NPCs:

Chiara NPC, Malthis NPC,Huple NPC,Uldar NPC, Thael NPC, Gloran NPC, Shar-Teel NPC, Lester NPC, Larsha NPC, Avi Maya NPC, Rukrakia NPC, Frenneden NPC, Elvanshalee NPC.

NPC Expansions:

Sarevok Recovery (Expansion) Mod, Garrick Tales Of a Troubadour.

Merchant/Item Mods:

Vendedor Merchant, YL Items.

Kit Mods:

Shadow Ranger Kit, Rune Singer Kit, Blade Singer Kit, Priest of Bhaal Kit, Pirate Kit.

Content/Quest Mods:

Macholy's Living, Nameless Melody Inn, Dawn of Vampirism, Umbra of TROW, Tomoyo and the Underground City, Hidden Adventures, Haendler Mod, Derat's Ogre.

#4 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

I can assist with proofreading as well if you're looking for people.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#5 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hello again :) has there been any progress with this?

#6 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Hello again :) has there been any progress with this?

Hi and good morning there.

Yep, although I'm somewhat busy with private life (organizing a move) and job as well.
I sent enderandrew download links for Breagar and Questpack eng files with some infos. I think he's now trying/testing them and proofreading as well ;)

In the meantime I also found a half-polish friend of mine who can give me a hand for polish mods.

So, all in all, busy or not, things proceed :) Maybe somewhat slower than expected but proceed :)

#7 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Right, thanks for the status update! :) maybe you could tell these persons about this thread so it would be easier to keep track of this?

Anyway, thanks for your hard work, even in busy times :)

#8 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'm also available for proofreading. I'm a decent editor.

#9 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I would also like to help with something, to speed things along with the Ascalon mods and Jarls Adventure pack, but english is not my native language.

Is there anything at all i could be of use for?

#10 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi and hello.

For Ascalon's mods enderandrew has the tra files, thus I think he is also proofreading them.

About Jarls, I don't know if Xicloing has done with all the "new" dialog files :)

However, there are other mods which need proofreading as well... thus PM me and I'll let you know details etc.

And all in all, new house is more or less soon done as well! Yep!!! After two years of renovations LOL :ermm: :clap:

#11 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hi and hello.

For Ascalon's mods enderandrew has the tra files, thus I think he is also proofreading them.

About Jarls, I don't know if Xicloing has done with all the "new" dialog files :)

What is the best way of contacting them? I'd like to contact them and see if they need help with anything :)

And all in all, new house is more or less soon done as well! Yep!!! After two years of renovations LOL :ermm: :clap:

Sounds nice, congratulations! :D

#12 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

I think you can simply send a PM to Xicloing, from what I know he's somewhat busy. I received some time ago another "new" tra file.

While enderandrew sent me a PM asking for proofreading. Maybe you could try sending him a PM.

But what about the other mods? A "proofreading hand" is welcomed ;) I mean Chiara, Frennedan and Uldar.
After all there aren't just Ascalons and Jarls ;)

It sure sounds nice and very time consuming!

#13 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Well well...

as some of you volunteered for proofreading...

There are Chiara, Frennedan and Uldar mods "available", talking about proofreading. Those interested just PM me.
Thus, Casper, does it happen you volunteer as well, right? 8)

#14 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'll have some time to translate more from the new fils of Jarl's Adventure Pack v0.61. I try to have it translated before Xmas.

#15 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'll have some time to translate more from the new fils of Jarl's Adventure Pack v0.61. I try to have it translated before Xmas.

Hi Xicloing. Yes, I know you're somewhat busy (I remember you were telling me)... thus I said Casper that. I know you were working on but were busy as well (like me).

#16 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Larsha is under proofreading.

Next mods to be done are: Er'vonyrah, Lester, Avi Maya and Gloran.

#17 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well personally, the only mods that caught my attention, that were not yet in english, were Jarl's and Ascalons mods :) they also seem much harder to translate (I'm assuming they are very big), so I'd rather help with them in any way I can, first and foremost :)

Hello there Xicloing :) like Nightfarer, thanks for taking the time to post an update here! :) it's very nice knowing the status of this :) And I have to say, it's great that you say "before xmas" but people like me (that can't speak german) have waited a very long time for these mods to be translated, so we can surely wait longer too, so there is really no need to stress since you seem busy :)

And, expect a pm from me soon. I'd like to offer my help. Just need to make an account :P

#18 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Well personally, the only mods that caught my attention, that were not yet in english, were Jarl's and Ascalons mods :) they also seem much harder to translate (I'm assuming they are very big), so I'd rather help with them in any way I can, first and foremost :)

May I suggest you trying some other mods, if you didn't already? As an example, I mean Severyan.
I think you may like them.

#19 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

TS25MiniMod_v2_s35_n86 under work :new_thumbs:

#20 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Shar-Teel Mod under work :new_thumbs: