Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#321 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:52 AM

Please choose just EN so we can check if there's a problem with Rukrakia Textpack.

Alright, now it seems I'm gettin close to finished with the installation but I still got the "Setting" parts of Installation. First it asked me if I "want to run it unattended until the end" or to "pause at mods with several components". The 2nd option was stated be a a bit risky so I chose the "run it unattended till the end" option.

But the (hopefully) last option seems a bit more tricky. I have: 1) Do you want to chose a preselection?" 2) Do you want to assemble the mods by various parameters? 3) Do you want to use an installer changed by your own and skip the stettings? 4) Do you want to install all you can get?

The 3rd option is recommended for very experienced and experimental players while the 4th one is "not recommended"(though it seems rather simple with the "Install all you can get").

So should I "chose a preselection" or "assemble the mods by various paramenters"?

Which sounds easier/safer/better?

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 04:14 AM.

#322 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:27 AM

Hi.

The 3rd option is the individual.bat file which can be edited for private use.

As you want to install just Rukrakia along the mandatory mods, you can choose option 1.
I am not familiar with BWP v18 Installpack options as I have never tried it due to moving

#323 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:40 AM

However, as we're talking only about mandatory and Rukrakia, you could also safely choose 3.

#324 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

However, as we're talking only about mandatory and Rukrakia, you could also safely choose 3.

Yeah...I did that though it did still force me to install at the very least all NPC mods. The process is ongoing for several hours.

I grew so bored that when I saw how little progress was going on for so many hours and after checking that BWP patched Rukrakia long ago I decided to make a copy of said BG2 install with all the changes till now and try to run it(while the Installpack continues running(?) with other NPC mods).

Somehow...it WORKED and while I couldn't exit the BG2 Config without forcingly shutting it down with the Task Manager the game itself run with no trouble after that.

Both the genie and the girl named Masa in the PC pocket sphere SPEAK IN ENGLISH THIS TIME!!

I cannot summon Rukrakia with the spirit summoning thingy though which leaves me with a less technical question: Do I recruit her in ToB or SoA? Because I checked some descriptions of the mod in the  internet and they say it is only a ToB mod(even the Big World Project v18). Yet, I seem to recall I might have seen via google in a Koren BG2 site that Rukrakia also had SoA content.

So...which is true? And where I might find her then since the ENG readme does not say that?

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#325 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

Glad that it worked!

Not sure what went wrong previously.

Sorry I don't remember this, I played it long time ago.
The mod is ToB only indeed however there should be some SOA content as well.
I don't remember, anyway, as I was saying, where you recruit her. Long time passed since I played it

#326 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:59 AM

Glad that it worked!

Not sure what went wrong previously.

Sorry I don't remember this, I played it long time ago.
The mod is ToB only indeed however there should be some SOA content as well.
I don't remember, anyway, as I was saying, where you recruit her. Long time passed since I played it

Hmmm, but if its ToB focused then it means that she should technically recruitable in ToB. If she weren't then  I dunno if I shouldn't start from SoA. The spirit summon in ToB says she does not wish to be summoned though so maybe she was recruitable for SoA otherwise no wonder she does not want to join in such a way.

Guess I'll have to look around.

EDIT: Checked in the ENG readme that she reacts to Phaere sex so she might indeed be SoA recruitable.

Anyway, I wonder what did go wrong with the Fixpack and Textpack install sans Installpack. I checked the rukrakia folder in both BG2 installs and each got a ENG folder indicating all did go well. Should I perhaps upload the Weidu log for reference?

Thanks again for your help!!! If I find out more then maybe I will post here so other brave ones have a less hard time with it. I might also check if the other translated mods require less experimenting than this one did.

Cheers.

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2018 - 11:08 AM.

#327 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:57 AM

Hi.

Yes, Rukrakia should be recruitable in SOA but I don't remember the details. Am not sure if it happens in a specific place or whatever (during a fight or what).
I don't really remember how I recruited her.

Yes. The log could could be helpful to understand what happened.

Glad that it worked!

#328 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:07 AM

I think it is the space. Which I did not notice.

Glad it works!

You're welcome. Sure but if not related to Translations and Textpack ENGLISH please create a topic about.

Got it.

Btw it so happened that Rukrakia happened to be exactly at THAT location.

Talk about a coincidence, huh?

She speaks in English too so my fears that these "empty window" problems might happen in SoA were pointless.

It would be a chore to look into every single house and place looking for her so I though that it would be better to start visiting locations exclusive to the mod. Talk about good call. :)

#329 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:47 AM

I don't know if this topic is still open or not. Well, since it hasn't sent me any weird messages, i'll assume it's still open. I have a question concerning TS25MiniMod, i know that it was translated into German, i'd like to know if it was ever translated into English? If it has been, where can i download a copy?

#330 Gertwenger

Gertwenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:52 AM

Its still open, the topic. TS25MiniMod is not fully translated to english. Well it is translated but it in its current state parts of the content make no sense. It has two large files, one of which is translated properly, the second and larger one is only half fixed. I was doing it myself but real life intervened so I handed it over to someone else but its a lot of difficult work, which no one wants to do, so.... short answer: no their isnt an english version. Atleast not with us.

Mod Contributions:

In-Progress:

Breagar NPC, Devin NPC, Severian NPC, Macholy's Tweak Pack, Sovereign Quest Mod, Derat's Unused Kits.

NPCs:

Chiara NPC, Malthis NPC,Huple NPC,Uldar NPC, Thael NPC, Gloran NPC, Shar-Teel NPC, Lester NPC, Larsha NPC, Avi Maya NPC, Rukrakia NPC, Frenneden NPC, Elvanshalee NPC.

NPC Expansions:

Sarevok Recovery (Expansion) Mod, Garrick Tales Of a Troubadour.

Merchant/Item Mods:

Vendedor Merchant, YL Items.

Kit Mods:

Shadow Ranger Kit, Rune Singer Kit, Blade Singer Kit, Priest of Bhaal Kit, Pirate Kit.

Content/Quest Mods:

Macholy's Living, Nameless Melody Inn, Dawn of Vampirism, Umbra of TROW, Tomoyo and the Underground City, Hidden Adventures, Haendler Mod, Derat's Ogre.

#331 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:59 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gertwenger" data-cid="610050" data-time="1600764735"><p>
Its still open, the topic. TS25MiniMod is not fully translated to english. Well it is translated but it in its current state parts of the content make no sense. It has two large files, one of which is translated properly, the second and larger one is only half fixed. I was doing it myself but real life intervened so I handed it over to someone else but its a lot of difficult work, which no one wants to do, so.... short answer: no their isnt an english version. Atleast not with us.</p></blockquote>

Eh, real life came here as well. Very busy with new house renovations so no time myself as well for now.

#332 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:02 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gertwenger" data-cid="610050" data-time="1600764735"><p>
Its still open, the topic. TS25MiniMod is not fully translated to english. Well it is translated but it in its current state parts of the content make no sense. It has two large files, one of which is translated properly, the second and larger one is only half fixed. I was doing it myself but real life intervened so I handed it over to someone else but its a lot of difficult work, which no one wants to do, so.... short answer: no their isnt an english version. Atleast not with us.</p></blockquote>
Could you pass me your whole archive of it, the done and half done? So, if I manage to have some spare time, could take a look at it

#333 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 03:32 PM

Just checking to see if anything has changed with regard to a translation into English. Has it changed?

#334 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 08:31 PM

Hi. Currently no but Ervonyrah/Sovereign is under proofreading

#335 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 07:12 AM

Ervonyrah/Sovereign proofreader here - I was almost done with the proofreading, but then I've lost majority of work (and there was much to do) due to hard-drive death (I should have been making safe-copies more often...). BUT I'm slowly re-doing what was lost. There are some fragments of text that should rhyme (in polish they do), but I'm not that good in english to make them rhyme and keep the meaning. Well, I'll think of some solution.

And Nightfarer, sorry I haven't updated you for so long, but there were other things on my mind.

#336 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 07:37 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Vakarian89" data-cid="614106" data-time="1666710726"><p>
Ervonyrah/Sovereign proofreader here - I was almost done with the proofreading, but then I've lost majority of work (and there was much to do) due to hard-drive death (I should have been making safe-copies more often...). BUT I'm slowly re-doing what was lost. There are some fragments of text that should rhyme (in polish they do), but I'm not that good in english to make them rhyme and keep the meaning. Well, I'll think of some solution.<br />
 <br />
And Nightfarer, sorry I haven't updated you for so long, but there were other things on my mind.</p></blockquote>

Hi. Ah I see, oh well, that happens.

Don't worry, no problem, here too several things on my mind

#337 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 07:38 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Vakarian89" data-cid="614106" data-time="1666710726"><p>
Ervonyrah/Sovereign proofreader here - I was almost done with the proofreading, but then I've lost majority of work (and there was much to do) due to hard-drive death (I should have been making safe-copies more often...). BUT I'm slowly re-doing what was lost. There are some fragments of text that should rhyme (in polish they do), but I'm not that good in english to make them rhyme and keep the meaning. Well, I'll think of some solution.<br />
 <br />
And Nightfarer, sorry I haven't updated you for so long, but there were other things on my mind.</p></blockquote>

Hi. Ah I see, oh well, that happens.

Don't worry, no problem, here too several things on my mind