BGT bug? stuck in the cage at irenicus prison

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikaelv2

mikaelv2
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone,
i need some help. i've just finished bg1, and thanks to BGT, i've been carried over to the beginning of bg2 automatically. unfortunately, I'm stuck! I'm in irenicus prison, in the cage. the golem comes and speaks to irenicus, who teleports away, and then... NOTHING! i'm just waiting there like a fool.
Does anyone have a solution for me?
thank you

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Weidu.log's content ? Open the file with Notepad... compatibility list.

BGT-WeiDU is partially compatible with:

- BG2 Tweak Pack v3 or above

DO NOT install Components #3140 or #3141 - Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams; destroys NEWGAME.BCS

- Baldur's Gate Trilogy-Never Ending Journey 2 (BGT-NeJ2) Compatibility Modification v1.2 or below

DO NOT install Component #0 - Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen: v1.1; prevents transition from Baldur's Gate to Shadows of Amn from working correctly

BGT-WeiDU is partially compatible with the following no longer supported modifications:
- Ease-of-Use v32 or above (replaced by BG2 Tweakpack)

DO NOT install Component #5 - Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams; destroys NEWGAME.BCS and AR0602.BCS

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 October 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 mikaelv2

mikaelv2
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

thank you for your reply, i have checked the log, and indeed have found:
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: v9
i've uninstalled this component, and now everything is fine!
THANK YOU SO MUCH :lol2: !

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Well, when you uninstall the component, you might run into the old save game incompatibility bug that all the mods have, as the save game itself carries the text references to the games dialog.tlk files as a set of numbers... you might run into a spell or a dialog that is a name of a creature or item and an item or creature that has decription of a spell or dialog line as it's name etc. funny things.
The only cure for that is to start a new game, import the chatacters etc. but then you'll loose your progress and the benefits from playing the BGT, if you start at the BGII. The benefit loose can pretty much be corrected with cheating, but...
This is just a warning that that might happen and notice on how to correct that.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.