Photo

Is my IWD save screwed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

I never beat IWD. I recall I had a save where I got pretty far into the game a few years back and dusted it off since it was just sitting on my hard drive. Looking at the journal, I got pretty far in the IWD campaign and then started HoW. However, I'm in the Barbarian camp and *everyone* is attacking me, including Hjollder.

Looking at a walkthrough, it looks like when I had a fight with Wylfdene, only half of the barbarians were supposed to attack me. I wonder if I accidentally attacked another and angered both sides.

Is there a console command I could do to not have the other tribes angry at me and salvage the save game?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Looking at a walkthrough, it looks like when I had a fight with Wylfdene, only half of the barbarians were supposed to attack me. I wonder if I accidentally attacked another and angered both sides.

Or you had tried to steel something of from one of the barbs... you had been in the -burial isle- correct ?

Is there a console command I could do to not have the other tribes angry at me and salvage the save game?

Well, there's pretty much nothing you can do as you'll need to talk to the Beornen Barbarian... of course you could use these:

Cheat Keys:
Enable console cheats by adding the line Cheats=1 under Game Options in the icewind.ini file. Then during gameplay press Ctrl + Tab and enter the code GETYOURCHEATON:EnableCheatKeys(); then press the following keys:
"Ctrl + Y" to Kill selected monster or NPC under your mouse pointer

To kill your own sides barbarians, and then just use the GETYOURCHEATON:SetGlobal("xxxx","GLOBAL",x); where the 'x's are something... I don't have the game installed so I have no idea what those would be... :D

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Or you had tried to steel something of from one of the barbs... you had been in the -burial isle- correct ?

I believe so. This is a really old save from a couple years back I'm dusting off. But from my journal it appears I have. I returned and showed the mirror to Wylfdene. Combat ensued and I saved after combat, but all the barbarians in the room are dead. And now when I leave, everyone attacks me, including people I need to talk to.

Cheat Keys:
Enable console cheats by adding the line Cheats=1 under Game Options in the icewind.ini file. Then during gameplay press Ctrl + Tab and enter the code GETYOURCHEATON:EnableCheatKeys(); then press the following keys:
"Ctrl + Y" to Kill selected monster or NPC under your mouse pointer. To kill your own sides barbarians, and then just use the GETYOURCHEATON:SetGlobal("xxxx","GLOBAL",x); where the 'x's are something... I don't have the game installed so I have no idea what those would be... :D

I appreciate the help but I'm confused on how killing more NPCs will help them to talk to me. What I really need to do is get them to stop attacking me.

Edited by enderandrew, 13 October 2012 - 06:25 AM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#4 Justify

Justify
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

You MIGHT be able to get past this with a movetoarea cheat. After you have killed everyone in the camp, I believe Hjolder shows up, talk to him. Then enter Getyourcheaton:movetoarea(AR9600) into the console. This will take you to the starting area of Icasaracht's lair. Might help, might not, but it's a place to start.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I appreciate the help but I'm confused on how killing more NPCs will help them to talk to me. What I really need to do is get them to stop attacking me.

Well, the idea there was that if Beornen is not hostile... to not further agitate him by killing a thing in combat it has relation to(the other barbarian, as they can call help and thus make Beo- hostile). As the command is a god power made by the engine, not the player characters.

After you have killed everyone in the camp, I believe Hjolder shows up, talk to him.

Nope, it's Beornen who transports the party to the area...

Getyourcheaton:movetoarea(AR9600) into the console.

GETYOURCHEATON:MoveToArea("ar9600")
Cause the command is case sensitive... ouh darn, yeah, indeed the getcheat... but thanks, that's a good idea to try.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 October 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.