Photo

"I Require Aid!"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

First off, my apologies for my first post being about myself and getting help, I will show my appreciation to everyone involved in the amazing mods I have used over the years. Anyway, I have the BWP up and running, and I have created a character with a mysterious kit, a Ranger kit called "Tracker", but I can't even find where it came from I've done extensive searches in my weidu.log and even google so as far as I know that kit just may be buggy. The crash occurs when I use the web as a special ability, the cast animation is fine, but the hold animation creates billowing blue clouds that immediately slow the game down, they continue to overlap (covering the entire screen) and then my game crashes.

WeiDU.log...

Spoiler

This image shows the odd spell effect graphic.
Posted Image

Edited by Chasington, 14 October 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

BWP/BWS Kit list.

Tracker (The Darkest Day) - Needs TDD to be installed
The tracker is much like the stalker. He has bonuses to his stealth skills due to his woodland camouflage. Unlike the stalker, though, he does his hunting for himself, not for contracts. He
specializes in taking out his target with minimal struggle and prefers to paralyze or disarm the target before the kill. He is an expert in the use of disabling drugs and expelling foreign
substances from his body before they can take effect.

Advantages:
Has +40% to stealth skill
Can have +3 to all ranged weapons
Can create 3 stun arrows per day (save vs. paralyzation)
Can have 3 slots devoted to axe skills
Can cast Hold Monster and Hold Person once per day
Is immune to disease and poisons

Disadvantages:
Can wear a max of studded leather armor
Must be neutral
Is not proficient with swords
Does not use any 2-handed weapons due to their bulk which can make stealth too difficult to attain

Trail Tracker (Region of Terror) - Needs RoT to be installed
The Trail Trackers are hunters. They hunt down men and animals. They have been used for thief
catching and for finding and killing animals that have been causing troubles. They usually take
out their victims with a special paralyzing attack.

Advantages:
Gets +30 to Stealth
Paralyzing Strike (During 5 seconds the Trail Tracker can stun the target with every
successful hit, usable once per day, no save, powerful creatures are not affected)
Get's -2 to THAC0

Disadvantages:
Weapon bonus damage is reduced by two (+3 weapon deals the damage of a +1 weapon)

:D So it comes from this: ~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits: v1.14

Erhm, my advice here is to try and make a Stalker ranger, level it with the Console cheat and see if the web spell has same characteristics... -> crash. Because it will be easier to track this down. Erhm, you have the web spell as a special ability ? It's in the last on the GUI's right hand corner, under the star figure ... hmm.. cause Stalker can cast the Web spell but on his normal spell selection.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 October 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Erhm, my advice here is to try and make a Stalker ranger, level it with the Console cheat and see if the web spell has same characteristics... -> crash. Because it will be easier to track this down. Erhm, you have the web spell as a special ability ? It's in the last on the GUI's right hand corner, under the star figure ... hmm.. cause Stalker can cast the Web spell but on his normal spell selection.

Thanks for helping me find the source for those mods. It seems as I was having difficulty finding any information on it (I still am) because most of it is in Polish, great job on the translating of the mod itself though... As far as replicating the crash, I had managed to use web without any ill effects with a sorcerer. The spell effect is how it should be, a burst of blue cloud, followed by visible webs in the AoE. The crash only happens when I use web out of the special abilities bar, it seems to treat the cast like the pre-mod version, but the hold animation is bugged because it is treated as a modded spell. This is evident because when I cast web, it looks normal (vanilla), but instead of creating a visible AoE field, there is nothing there, just an invisible hub of buggy crashiness (avoiding this AoE will result in no stutter or crash).

Edited by Chasington, 14 October 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Created a new Tracker in my game and tried Webbing the residents of Winthrop's Tavern... And it worked without a hitch :unsure:

Posted Image

The Tracker's Web spell is SPTRACK1.SPL, so you could try doing a changelog on it to tell us whether some mod borked it or something :P (Also,please attach all the files in the "change-log" folder after running the changelog :))

Also, my WeiDU.log so you can be pretty sure it's probably caused by one of the mods you have and I don't :D
Spoiler

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I guess the winner would be spellpackb6.
It recreates most spells animations and sounds.

Edited by dabus, 14 October 2012 - 10:58 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#6 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that the web looks very vanilla in your game, hence the non issue. This IS the Big World Project mod, using the tactical installs, so there are mods effecting the animations of spells. Anyway, here is the change log you asked for...

Spoiler

I'll attach the whole file as well (just trying to abide by the rules).

I guess the winner would be spellpackb6.
It recreates most spells animations and sounds.

It would seem you are right, but I have no idea how to fix something like this. Hopefully this information helps somebody :)

Attached Files

Edited by Chasington, 15 October 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

The last couple of SPTRACK1s seem to have some sort of Protection from spell effect added to them (will probably have to check out the SpellpackB6 TP2 for this :() But I don't know if they should cause the billowing stuff :P

In the meantime, there is something you could do to help debug this better (because I don't have Spellpack installed :lol:)

Could you please rename each of the SPTRACK1.XXXX.SPLs to SPTRACK1.SPL (start from the last 0005) and dump them into the override folder? (back up the original spell if there's one already in the override :P) Then try casting that Web Special Ability to check which ones actually crash and which ones work fine :)

(the 0001 and 0002 might work fine I guess, but there are 3 different components affecting the other 3 SPLs so it would help to pinpoint which one actually made it crash :D)

Edited by Lollorian, 16 October 2012 - 07:21 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#8 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Okay! So I'm in the process of testing this out, exactly as you instructed!

Update 1: Wow so 0005 caused the crash, as it was responsible for creating the billowing buggy clouds
.Posted Image
As you can see, I'm held, this is when the effect of 0005 kicked in, creating the animation that was bugged.
However, the spell is far from behaving the way it normally should under spellpack.

Update 2: Okay so it seems that 0001, 0002, 0003 and 0004 behave the same way as 0005. Overriding any one of them
has the same effect. To me, that's confusing, I wish I had a better understanding of what this is actually doing.

Edited by Chasington, 16 October 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Wait so 0001 crashes too? :blink: I'm starting to think this isn't a problem with the spell at all now... Animation problem? (and SpellpackB6 has truckloads of anims and I dunno which one Web uses :crying:)

BUT if the problem isn't the spell, and the normal Web spell works without crashing, I'm out of options now... G3 has folks who could know more about stuff like this :) Maybe start a thread there too? :P

Just for giggles, could you please move ToBEx.dll out of the BGII folder and start a game once and try casting? :P Move it back after that experiment ^_^

Also, just to confirm, you actually renamed each file to SPTRACK1.SPL yeah? :P (removed the numbers? :D) Stupid question I know sorry :lol:

EDIT: Try dumping the vanilla SPTRACK1.SPL from inside the TDD/SPL folder into the override! If that crashes, the problem isn't the spell :P

Edited by Lollorian, 16 October 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#10 Chasington

Chasington
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yes, absolutely. I renamed every file and placed each one in the override folder, replacing the last one. After checking each file individually I deleted the file from the override to see if the spell went back to the way it was, it did. Anyway, the Tracker spell seems to just be coded wrong with the mod. When it attempts to apply the SpellPack effect, it glitches. The normal spell works fine...
Posted Image

Of course, I COULD give you all the anims that web uses, but I'm grateful for the help you gave me, and I'm sure you have better thing to do. :P

EDIT: I tried your little experiment :D sadly it was underwhelming :unsure: both casts behaved the same (regular web and the tracker web).
EDIT: I used the vanilla SPTRACK1.SPL from the TDD/SPL folder and the spell did work, just as it did with the other files. It doesn't behave correctly (even for a vanilla install) but it works. I'll also attach a folder with the anims that Spell Pack (great mod by the way :)) uses for web; should anyone be interested... :whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by Chasington, 16 October 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

I used your SPTRACK1.0005.SPL in my game (after removing the 0005 :P) and this is how it looks on a new Tracker in my game :unsure:

Posted Image

This pretty much confirms that the problem isn't the spell but in the animations that it uses and should probably be debugged by someone more graphic-y :P

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

This pretty much confirms that the problem isn't the spell but in the animations that it uses and should probably be debugged by someone more graphic-y :P

Yep... it's the projectile and it's animation that need to be debugged. The files should be web.pro, web1p.pro and webbentt.bam ... or then I missed the whole thing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 October 2012 - 04:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.