Photo

XP Points

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I've done this mod before, but it made me smile so much and laugh so hardI am doing it again. This time I've picked up Eddy-babes a bit further on, and I have noticed something. No matter how much XP my character has, Edwin always joins with 161,000. I tried it with increasingly silly amounts of PC XP points - right up to 10,000,000 and he still only had 161,000. Is this a deliberate part of the mod?
I think I remember adding Edwin to my party way back when I played vanilla games, and he joined with 400,00 XP. I also spotted several levels of Edwin in the Shadow Keeper Creature Browser.

Edited by kiwidoc_again, 15 October 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

I've done this mod before, but it made me smile so much and laugh so hardI am doing it again. This time I've picked up Eddy-babes a bit further on, and I have noticed something. No matter how much XP my character has, Edwin always joins with 161,000.

Well, there's one mod that will guarantee for you to have near same xp... Level One NPC's at G3 has a component for this. The fact that the game has this feature originally comes from the fact that the different XP characters are summoned when you first enter the area and they won't change from there on.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I can use the CLUAConsole to ncrease Edwin's XP to 400000 (Minsc is currently well over that, and if I add Korgan, he joins with 400000). I just want to know if this is a deliberate feature of the Edwin romance mod, and if raising his XP will interfere with it.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

It is merely a technical issue related to .cre files. As Jarno says, you can fix it with Level 1 NPCs (the "Joinable NPCs More Closely Match PC's XP" component should be all you need).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle