Save Game Files

Save Game Save

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -LowlyCleric-

-LowlyCleric-

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi Guys!

Loving the Mod so far, only issue has been an inability to travel farther into the Cloakwood and I fixed that with console codes. One thing I noticed when I was searching for my baldur.ini file (I installed in Program Files, fuck me, right?) is that there is no clear location for the save games in BGT. Are these things not stored in a traditional stand alone file, or is there a way I can back up my save files in case the need arises to uninstall the entire game? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Loving the Mod so far, only issue has been an inability to travel farther into the Cloakwood and I fixed that with console codes. One thing I noticed when I was searching for my baldur.ini file (I installed in Program Files, fuck me, right?) is that there is no clear location for the save games in BGT. Are these things not stored in a traditional stand alone file, or is there a way I can back up my save files in case the need arises to uninstall the entire game? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you are really Fed-exed... but the saves, well they are stored in the imaginary folder...
So either in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\VirtualStore\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save\
OR in: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save\ depending on your operation system... uuh yeah, and the files are actually hidden, so you need to use the folder options to gain access to the options to see them... as the AppData folder is hidden.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 October 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -LowlyCleric-

-LowlyCleric-

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Well, you are really Fed-exed... but the saves, well they are stored in the imaginary folder...
So either in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\VirtualStore\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save\
OR in: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save\ depending on your operation system... uuh yeah, and the files are actually hidden, so you need to use the folder options to gain access to the options to see them... as the AppData folder is hidden.

Ah, I didn't think to check if the files were hidden. Oops. Also, the virtual store doesn't seem to be giving me many unresolvable issues so far. Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Ah, I didn't think to check if the files were hidden. Oops. Also, the virtual store doesn't seem to be giving me many unresolvable issues so far. Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it.

If I may ask, what Operation System do you run ? Just curious. ...cause normally people run into all sorts of problems that they need the knowledge to guide them out of, that they don't have.

#5 -LowlyCleric-

-LowlyCleric-

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

If I may ask, what Operation System do you run ? Just curious. ...cause normally people run into all sorts of problems that they need the knowledge to guide them out of, that they don't have.

Windows 7, though I know the basics of how to find my way around a modern operating system. One thing that has surely saved me many headaches is checking for compatibility between mods before installing them, and knowing what order to install them in if there are any compatibility issues where two mods are trying to alter the same portions of files. The stuff is all right there if you know where to look here on the forums.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Windows 7, though I know the basics of how to find my way around a modern operating system.

Well, now I want to know the ways you use to go around them, so I can make others do the same.

One thing that has surely saved me many headaches is checking for compatibility between mods before installing them, and knowing what order to install them in if there are any compatibility issues where two mods are trying to alter the same portions of files. The stuff is all right there if you know where to look here on the forums.

Actually you are more reliable with a mass install guides than individual FAQ sections of the individual mods readme... cause they usually have different agendas; the readme's is to show all the features while the compadability guides is to show most that can be installed. Tutu guide and BWP guide.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Save Game, Save