Photo

Time to get some projects done! Daily updates!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

So. As some of y'all know, I've got quite a few mods to finish. Some of them are pretty public; others less so. And as most of you will probably know, I have very little proper free time right now to do that in. But I do have a little, and I'm determined to get at least a few things done before the end of the month. That said, I am moving interstate at the end of it, so... I suppose we'll see.

After some encouragement from the lovely Rhaella, I've decided to jump on the NaNoWriMo bandwagon. Sort of. Except it will be NaMoFiMo. And I shall get some shit done in time for Christmas.

Currently, there are a grand total of 8 projects I want to get done. How many of these can I accomplish? I'm not sure. For those that are public, I'm going to name them and be fairly open about what I'm doing. For those that are not so public, I'll... well, I'll figure that out as I go.

For now, here are some specs about what I've currently got on the go.
  • Ninde ToB (3 talks left)
  • Project x; I'm gonna codename this "Project Fishface." Reason? I OBJECT TO YOUR NEED FOR REASONS. There are about 20 dialogues of varying length that need to be done for this. BG2.
  • Arath ToB. 6 lovetalks need to be written, plus interjections, plus epilogues.
  • Valerie (BG1--BGT/TuTu). This includes a) fixing dialogue issues/making sure everything compiles, b) scripting her talks and c) testing said talks in BGT and TuTu.
  • Haer'Dalis ToB scripting. All done woooo.
  • Project Crazyone/Neera expansion for BG:EE, 13 dialogues, flirts + scripting.
  • Cernd friendship for IEP. I have about 4 dialogues to go, plus editing and scripting. BG2/ToB.
  • Project a, or codename "Ducky". Scripting and testing. BG2/ToB.
  • Project s, or codename "Bombshell", which requires some dialogue coding, lots of scripting and testing. BG2/ToB..
  • Korgan friendship for IEP. Very little is done on this, it'd be roughly 12 dialogues over SoA/ToB.
  • Project y, or codename "Baby Got Back." ~15 dialogues, ~50 banters or so.
  • Project z, or codename "Ain't No Chump." ~10 dialogues, ~40 banters.
As you can see... I've got a bit ahead of me. The bottom three are more like projects I would love to do if I get time; the top 7 are ones I definitely want to try to get done.

The idea is I'll post some progress, of some kind, every day. The more the better. Chances are my posts here may be somewhat delirious, but hey, that's what it's all about, right?

What I would really love is for some other people to jump in with their projects, and see if we can't get a bunch of stuff done. Doesn't matter which community you're affiliated with, a bit of group motivation never hurts, so feel free to post up what you're working on (as sketchy or detailed as you'd like), and hopefully we can get some motivation going!

If I miss a post, feel free to harange me in whatever way you deem necessary.

Let's do this.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

To catch up to where we are now (the 5th here in Australia), I've finished all Ninde ToB banters, just got a few talks left to go (3) and then Rhaella is handling the rest.

One or two dialogues for Project Fishface have also been done, but a long way to got there.

I'll post an update for today... well, later today. Let's see how much I can get done.

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

If I just manage to focus on it, I should have Aerie's IEP friendship for SoA done in time for 12 days.

But I'm the heavyweight champ in procrastinating...

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

You can do eeet!

Unfortunately today I only managed to plan out the Ninde talks I've got to do, but at least they're now properly ready for writing. Plans for tomorrow include writing said talks and hopefully planning Arath's talks, so we'll see how that goes.

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Well, even though sometimes I want to stop writing mods, I still have some projects and I know you know about some of them:
  • Quayle ReDone - I was kinda embarassed when I skimmed my old quests, so I've decided to rewrite my favorite gnome. The problem is that Quayle in BG1 and Quayle in BG2 are so different, with some stupid mistakes made by BioWare guys (and I still want to believe it's the same gnome as there are some really significant simillarities) - I tried to answer some questions like 'why for nine hells he never mentioned circus in BG1' and 'why he is said to praise Baravar and he suddenly taught Aerie about Baervan' (I would say BioWare guys forgot about his biography). Actually I wrote all the dialogues. Now cross your fingers as it's being proofread!
  • Gahesh NPC - a half-orc sorcerer with some questions of faith; a NPC that's looking for something to believe in, with problems and poor socialization which causes some problems when he has to talk or work with other people. No, his race doesn't really help.
  • PaintBG - coding a brand new portrait mod for BG1 and BG2! Some of you have seen the samples. The artist is really amazing!
  • The Splinter of the Cult - (or the splinter and the cult... can't decide). A come back to my Quest mods, but this time I want to be more ambitious again! More like Innershade or TotDG than like ISNF or WQ. We'll get both fights and some different quests, and even a dragon 'cause players like those! A temporary NPC, some talks with him (Splinter) + some FR lore (Cult of the Dragon). But this projects... huh, it needs a lot of work. New areas, quests, cres, items... and finally a quest some evil characters may enjoy! (however, you don't need to be evil, but I'm not sure Jaheira and some others are going to like it :P )
  • Project S - yeah, I'm helping with this one!
I hope to please some more BG fans...

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 05 November 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

What happened to projects b - r?

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

I try to only actively work on one project at a time, but there's one seriously in progress and a few others I've done some hard thinking about and sketching for.

* Valerie BG2. K'aeloree is working hard making Valerie BG1 ready for release, but I'm starting work on Valerie's BG2 dialogue already. It's going to be more work than any mod I've done before, including a not-quite-quest, what's shaping up to be the most complicated single dialogue I've ever done, and the usual boatload of work inherent in doing a BG2 NPC and romance. Then, of course, ToB.

* Project One. An extensive addition to the Darian NPC mod, and that's all I'm going to say about this one right now.

* Project Two. Something for the evil PCs out there.

* Project Three. Surely there are Eberron fans other than me in this community...

Edited by Tempest, 05 November 2012 - 07:41 AM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#8 -Merrigold-

-Merrigold-

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Ninde ToB (3 talks left)

Omigosh really?! *Squee* :wub:

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

What happened to projects b - r?

I would come up with a witty response for this, but I think Ninde has taken all my wit tonight. They're just random letters, basically. :P

Today's progress: Ninde can be crossed off my to-do list, I've passed on what I've written to Rhaella, who is very kindly going to put together the mod in time for Christmas!

Those dialogues were ridiculously painful to write, jeez. I really hope some people took the selfish option to restore her soul at the end of SoA :P

#10 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Alright, I've got just about everything but the epilogues now. And hopefully can get myself to write those later when election night starts driving me crazy.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Very obscure codenames... I would have no clue what they are. :) Might want to add which games/platforms the mods are for at least - the only place where that's apparent is those that say ToB.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Heh, well, they're obscure for a reason :P I'll add game to a few of them!

Progress for today: sketched out Arath's ToB romance, all that's left now is to fill in all the PC responses and the linking bits. Then there's interjections, and the epilogues, of course. PROGRESS!

How's everyone else going? Any exciting progress to report? ;)

#13 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Work and classes have been taking a toll, but knocked out three more sets of Valerie BG2 banters with the Bioware cast over the last few days. Project Three also got a lot of sketchwork done during a long, boring day of work yesterday. >_>

Edited by Tempest, 07 November 2012 - 07:33 AM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#14 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Anyway, why do you all have to be so secretive about your projects? Come onnn

#15 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

For my part? Trying to avoid getting anyone's hopes up.

#16 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Adding to what Tempest said - it's discouraging to see a mod in progress forum fill up with posts only to be left utterly dead with empty promises of THE GRATEST MOD EVAR. I think these folks are just trying to avoid that.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, I agree with Tempest and theacefes. But I guess I could vaguely report that "project c" for BG1/Tutu/BGT/BGEE with 150,000+ lines of code, roughly 50mb uncompressed with over 700 files is finally creeping from beta3 to v1 status...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#18 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

In addition, not all projects pan out. I, for one, don't announce something I'm working on unless I'm confident I'll complete it. Project One of mine, for example, is looking like I'll scrap it because it doesn't seem to work, in the end. If I'd announced it when I first started working on it, people would be disappointed and deflated if I ultimately decided that it didn't work.

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

What the others said :) For the last few things, I don't want to announce them until I'm aaabsolutely sure they'll get finished, and for the first ones, I don't want to announce to get anyone's hopes up. :P

#20 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I *will* announce that Banana ToB is not far away...
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community