14 replies to this topic

#1 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

http://www.shsforums...015-fiars-beta/

The more I wait, the harder it is to do this. So, for those of you whom I have selfishly betrayed by disappearing, here is the mod. It's almost certain to have some bug or miss something. I think some romance conflicts haven't been implemented. Maybe I will be inspired if someone actually reports a bug. Or has a suggestion.

No, I haven't been working on improving the mod lately. I've been delaying doing a test play personally, and it doesn't look like I'm going to do it soon. So this mod isn't really finished. Also, the voice actor has been lazy. :P

Feel free to install if you want to risk it, or open the text files to read.

** To meet Fiars in game, talk to Lenna at the Copper Coronet and take her quest. **

On the brighter side, modding BG has taught me a lot about programming/scripting. From zero knowledge to some knowledge. I am happy to have started it at a young age. Of course, when they taught me C at school, it was completely different, but I was so glad to have had at least some experience with compiling things and some understanding of how things have to be connected, some basic feel for programming (even if you call this stuff scripting). I think I've come a long way since, but have in mind that these scripts were written at zero knowledge level.

Edited by Bardess, 01 December 2012 - 02:07 AM.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

yay! Nice!
I think you should find some time for him, though :P
And it's so nice to know that you come here from time to time!
Cheers!

EDIT:
A question - why don't you use download centre? Some people don't check this forums, but only download centre, when they look for released mods.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 24 November 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#3 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

A question - why don't you use download centre? Some people don't check this forums, but only download centre, when they look for released mods.

Hi :)
I didn't know I could use it. I did now. I hope everything is OK, well, with the download if not the mod. :D

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Moved to Misc Mods--the beta section is only visible to modders, alas!

Glad to see it out somewhere, Bardess :) Congratulations!

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Nice!
Please, stay for a while! I can still remember when I was beginning to write mods and I was checking if there's any progress in Fiars NPC etc...

Download the package, people ;)

#6 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Downloaded. Will include in my current install run, and check things out with Fiars in a party. I've been wanting to test, but been having problems getting a multimod install to work properly.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#7 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

There used to be a bug with a talk (Fiars attempting to start a talk, but no conditions are met - this made him stop walking and act like a retard :)). I hope this is corrected in the version I uploaded. If not, players will need to type some debug commands in game to set a variable.

Mazzy to Edwin:

#8 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Congratulations on the release.
its nice to see a new NPC mod and its good to see an evil thief . I will add him to my party for my next playthrough .
Just one question where do you find him?

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#9 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

As far as I remember, you talk to Lenna, a woman in the Copper Coronet and begin a quest that leads to finding him. He hasn't been tested in the late stages of the game. Apologies if he ruins your playthrough.

Mazzy to Edwin:

#10 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

New thief! Ahhh yeah! Any friendship talks w/ Moddie included?

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#11 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Thank you for the info about how to find him
and Yay Moddie was the 1st mod i ever tried .

#12 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hi there i was wondering if anyone knows how to find Dorothy i have the first message given to me after leaving the underdark but havent any more and Fiars wont talk to me by PID.
thank you

#13 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

It's probably a bug. I'll have to look into it, as I'm not sure myself. I think he was supposed to be able to talk to you.

Mazzy to Edwin:

#14 -Larite-

-Larite-

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Dialogs are wonderful, really. I reading its now and can't stop doiing it! :wub: Fiars is so interesting character! I hope, that you finish this mod one day. Good Luck!

#15 -Setepenre-

-Setepenre-

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think I'll wait a little longer before installing him so that I won't risk my latest install (a couple of days ago) going bad.  But I've been watching and waiting for him since you were at CoM (I think!)  I lurk a lot.  :)  I hope you will find more time for him because he will probably be not only interesting and fun, but very very useful since I need a thief many times and Nalia stinks and I lose Yoshi don't take him.